Leeds University Business School in the United Kingdom is providing Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships for foreign students in the 2021/22 academic session.
A minimum of one full Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships is obtainable each year to support future first-class research in the fields of accounting, finance and banking. These Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships are highly competitive and consequently they are looking for highly driven, self-motivated individuals who are passionate about research. They are seeking to accept applicants who are able to completely commit to a demanding journey and who are aspiring high for a successful future career, be that in academic world or a career in industry. Their objective is to help stimulate your drive for your subject and push you to attain your prospect.
To allow accepted candidates to fully dedicate their time to their programs, the Accounting and Finance Division are providing full scholarships which provide both fees and a yearly maintenance amount.
Information about Leeds University Business School (LUBS)
For the second year in a row, Leeds University Business School is number one in the United Kingdom for Accounting and Finance, and top ten across all subject areas, based on the Guardian University Guide 2021.
They are a foremost, full-service business school, constantly world ranked by the Financial Times, QS and The Economist, and one of a small number of institutions globally to be triple accredited by AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS. They offer undergraduate, masters, MBA, PhD, executive and professional education and online program, to more than 3000 scholars from around 100 nations.
They are a top ten business and management research school, based on the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF). The School is one of the foremost higher academic institutions in the UK, ranked among the top 100 universities in the world (QS rankings 2020) and a part of the prestigious Russell Group of research-focuses UK universities.
LUBS is a single-school Faculty of the University of Leeds, with yearly revenue of £74.5m and around 425 staff across six Divisions. Their mission is to make a remarkable impact on business and society internationally via leadership in research and teaching. They deliver undergraduate, masters, MBA, PhD, executive and professional studies and online program, to more than 4,500 students from about 100 nations.
Worth of Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships at Leeds University
- The scholarship award will provide full fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees.
- A maintenance award at the standard UKRI rate (£15,285 in year 2020/21).
Eligibility for Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships at Leeds University
- To be qualified for the PhD program, you have to hold a British Master’s degree (or equivalent degree from a foreign university) or an equivalent professional certification, with a minimum average grade of 60 per cent (or equivalent) and in a relevant academic field. Applicants should preferably possess a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree.
How to Apply for Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships at Leeds University
- To put in for the Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships, you have to first apply for a place on the PhD program at Leeds University Business School.
- You have to then submit application for the scholarship, using the student ID number you got after submitting your PhD application.
- You should have submitted all the required documents in support of your PhD application by the scholarship award closing date.
- If English language is not your first language, you have to provide proof that you satisfy the Leeds University Business School minimum English language prerequisites before registration.
- You are not required to have met the requirement at the time you submit an application
Deadline: Applications close on April 15, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here