The Macquarie University is currently taking applications for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM Awards for the 2021/22 school session.
It offers a partial tuition fee scholarship award for exceptional female students from certain African nations. This scholarship award is available to support those who have the passion to study in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, elite and highly rated programs at Macquarie University.
The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM Awards is very much competitive and will be granted to ONE scholar in the year 2021 or 2022.
Worth of African Women in STEM Awards at Macquarie University
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM Awards at Macquarie University is a partial scholarship award that provides 50% of the total tuition fee. It will be discounted towards your tuition fee when you start your program at Macquarie University.
- This African Women in STEM Awards does NOT offer financial assistance in the form of a living stipend, nor does it offer the expense of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), accommodation, airfares, conferences, or other expenses linked with the study.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM Awards at Macquarie University is a single scholarship award and not available to be renewed.
Eligibility for African Women in STEM Awards at Macquarie University
- Be a female.
- Have a citizenship of a country within the Sub-Saharan Africa region*.
- Have satisfied the University’s academic and English criteria for the program to be given consideration for a scholarship.
- Possess a complete offer of admission or package offer with English language for a coursework program that is specified as in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics at Macquarie University (North Ryde Campus).
- Possess a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0 for graduate applications and at least ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications.
- Start the degree program in 2021 or 2022. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a program that has a full-time study load.
- Have put in for a program that is longer than one session in length.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship award application, candidates will be gotten in touch with with further details on submitting a selfie video as part of the evaluation process.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a national of Australia, New Zealand, or possess permanent residency in Australia.
- You are presently registered at Macquarie University for a program that is equivalent in level.
- You have finished the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equal or major award or scholarship award from Macquarie University unless you are notified otherwise by the agent of Macquarie University.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange candidate coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College.
*Eligible countries include:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mali, Mozambique, Mauritius, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Nigeria, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Seychelles, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, South Africa, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for African Women in STEM Awards at Macquarie University
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Candidates are required to complete an online scholarship award application form and type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
- They will be in touch with you regarding sending your selfie video provided if you are assessed as to have met all other eligibility criteria.
Applications are presently ongoing, candidates are advised to apply early.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here