Alba Graduate Business School in Greece and the International Propeller Club Piraeus provides the chance to pursue one full scholarship award for the Masters in Shipping, Managementprogram in the 2020/21 academic year.
The Masters in Shipping Management is a specialized program, offering candidates a holistic and comprehensive knowledge of the most important matters in contemporary commercial shipping. The program is structured to develop fresh graduates and young professionals armed with the skills, knowledge and expertise needed for a fruitful career in the demanding and very competitive world of shipping.
Alba was established in 1992, via a joint enterprise of the Federation of Greek Industries (ΣΕΒ), the foremost Employers’ Union in Greece, and the Hellenic Management Association (ΕΕΔΕ); both the groundwork for the establishment of Alba and its activities until the end of 1993 were financed by the European Commission and by contributions provided by Alba’s Corporate Members.
In February 1995, the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ΕΒΕΑ) became a member of the Federation of Greek Industries and the Hellenic Management Association to become the third collective body of Greek businesses to back Alba.
Since 2017, Alba Graduate Business School functions within The American College of Greece (ACG) as the Graduate Business School of ACG. Europe’s biggest and most significant American college and Greece’s most esteemed graduate business school merged their strengths to seek an ambitious development strategy by further amalgamating their leadership positions. By combining forces, the two institutions also become more competitive globally and add to making Greece a global educational destination.
The ACG and Alba forms one of the biggest and certainly the most significant alumni community in Greece, numbering some 55,800 specialists who are active in thousands of businesses and establishments, and also in academia and public affairs, many of them in leadership roles, in Greece and overseas.
Worth of Award
One full scholarship award (100% of the tuition fees: €12,500)
Eligibility for Alba Graduate Business School Scholarship
To be given consideration for admission, applicants have to:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree program; – Offer proof of exceptional command of the English language;
- Need to be presently employed or self-employed (required for the part-time mode only). GMAT tests are non-compulsory unless the Academic Committee asks the applicant to sit for them: in any case, scores of 550 or more (GRE >155) can reinforce your application and assist you secure a scholarship award.
Candidates must submit:
- The filled out application form, comprising one recent photograph in jpeg format;
- Two recommendation letters in Greek or in English language.
- Official Academic Transcripts and also Certified copies of degree programs from each undergraduate, graduate or professional degree obtained;
- Evidence of proficiency in the English language (unless schooled in English), e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- Three Essays, as specified in the Application form;
- Receipt of the payment of the non-refundable application fee’s [€60] deposit
How to Apply for Alba Graduate Business School Scholarship
Applicants have two options to apply:
- Application online (complete the application form, scan and hand in your documents, then forward the official copies to ALBA).
- Send the application form in paper copy to the office together with the original copies.
- All applicants will be required to go through a personal interview.
- Note that the assessment of applications and the final selection of the candidate will be carried out on a merit basis, from Alba Graduate Business School in partnership with the International Propeller Club Piraeus.
- All candidates have to meet the eligibility conditions of the program and to go through the normal admission process and personal interview.
- They must also notify the Alba admissions office that they applied for the “Alba Propeller Club Piraeus Scholarship” by sending an e-mail at: [email protected] no later than the closing date.
- For additional details, please get in touch with the Director of ALBA Shipping Programs Mr. Spyros Vougious at: [email protected]
Deadline: Applications ends on December 31st 2020.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here