AMIS is accepting applications for the AMIS Masters Scholarship in Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability master’s program in 2021.
AMIS, the Master’s Program in Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability, is a Program of excellence that provides the entire value chain of raw materials by merging scientific knowledge with innovation, entrepreneurship, and modern teaching methods – in accordance with the standards and values of EIT RawMaterials.
AMIS takes on the following themes – all of which are crucial to the objectives of EIT RawMaterials:
- ‘Substitution of dangerous or toxic materials in products and for enhanced performance’
- ‘Material chain enhancement for end-of-life products’
- ‘Product and services design for the circular economy’
The main focus of the adjustment is on metal and mineral raw materials. Bio-base and polymer materials are shielded in view of their substitution prospect and other materials in the framework of multi-material product recycling. Furthermore, the AMIS Programme comprises a solid package of coursework and project work in novelty and entrepreneurship.
Candidates’ mobility is an incorporated component of the two-year program, during which they will study at two of the consortium partner institutions. Upon conclusion of the program, candidates will obtain a double degree.
The language of teaching is English.
The AMIS Master Program will allow young professionals to turn out to be change agents with an entrepreneurial mindset, able to secure the sustainability of raw materials all over the industrial and research landscape.
Worth of AMIS Masters Scholarship
Candidates enrolled in the AMIS Program are entitled to the following EIT RawMaterials award:
Added Value Student Activities grant (AVSA grant): this award of €13,500 is also granted to all candidates enrolled in a EIT RawMaterials, EIT-labelled program. It provides travel, subsistence and living expenses for candidates to take part in the following undertakings:
- Industry placements and other internships
- Exchanges with other universities
- Attending conferences or workshops
- And/or similar undertakings in addition to the regular program contents aimed at advancing the learning, skills, knowledge, professional adaptability and pursuit of careers of candidates during and after having excelled at the EIT RawMaterials-funded program.
The AMIS Masters Scholarship program is directly disbursed to the candidates, no separate application is required.
Eligibility for AMIS Masters Scholarship
To be qualified for the AMIS Masters Scholarship award;
- Successful candidates should possess a Bachelor degree in Science or Technology or Engineering (Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science) or its equivalent
- It has to be from a globally renowned higher education institution that is an official and accredited part of the national education system and can be identified on an official list or in an international guidebook that is compiled by some international agency (e.g. UNESCO).
- The candidates in their final year of undergraduate education may be granted admission on the condition that their bachelor’s degree program will be granted prior to when they enroll, respecting the university-specific closing dates.
- The language test score has to fulfill the minimum criteria.
- Please note that European double funding is sternly forbidden. Therefore, candidates who already obtain an EU-funded scholarship award (i.e. Erasmus Mundus or other) are not qualified for the AVSA grant.
- Candidate obtaining a national funding or a funding from another source (on condition that it is not EU-funded) can be granted the AVSA grant under the condition that this award permit additional scholarship awards to be granted.
How to Apply for AMIS Masters Scholarship
To put in for the AMIS Masters Scholarship;
- All candidates have to submit an online application through the Grenoble application system. Applications are opened.
- The selection of the candidates for the 2nd wave will be concluded in June 2021 and the Program will commence in September 2021.
- The number of study places obtainable is limited and the application procedure is very competitive.
- First wave: from the 1st October 2020 to January 31, 2021
- Second wave: from the 1st February 2021 to April 30, 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here