Andela Nigeria Recruitment is ongoing for Senior Backend Engineer. Learn more on the recruitment requirements, eligibility and how to apply here.
Andela is a set-up of technology leaders committed to progressing human potential. They assist companies to build high-performing distributed engineering teams by financing Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Nairobi, Lagos, Rwanda, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the development of tech ecosystems across the African continent while resolving the worldwide technical talent shortage. They are recruiting to fill the position described below.
These questions have been asked repeatedly about the Andela Nigeria Recruitment exercise.
- Is Andela Nigeria Recruitment on?
- When will Andela Nigeria Recruitment start?
- How can I apply for Andela Nigeria Recruitment?
- What are the requirements for Andela Nigeria Recruitment?
- What is the deadline for Andela Nigeria Recruitment?
- Where can I obtain the Andela Nigeria Recruitment form?
- Is Andela Nigeria Recruitment form out?
Please find the answers to these questions in the post below.
Current Job Opening at Andela Nigeria Recruitment
- Senior Backend Engineer
Job Position: Senior Backend Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- In this position, you will largely work as a Senior Backend Engineer within the Technology division building world-class internal products to aid Andela’s business needs
- As the Senior Backend Engineer, you will take on complex tasks and complete them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary
- You will need very little oversight outside high-level direction; you can take a multifaceted user story, reduce it down into sub-tasks, and finish their sub-tasks with relative ease
- You will show initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; you are able to identify and suggest areas of future work for yourself or your team
- You will drive product velocity and deliver products with confidence
- You will take pride in building products that are key to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Believes that building brilliant software is more than just offering working code, that other features such as reusability, maintainability, testability, security, and performance are just as crucial.
- It is constantly learning and expanding your skill sets on and off the job.
- Can mentor entry-level developers willing to become world-class.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Work closely with Product Managers and Stakeholders to understand the business needs
- Deliver complex software solutions that meet those needs
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Andela’s internal systems
- Promote and nurture good team practices such as TDD, code reviews, and pair programming
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas, and approaches
- Mentor entry-level developers willing to become world-class
The company is interested in an applicant with experience in the following technologies that they presently use:
- Google Cloud, Docker, Google Cloud Pub/Sub, kubernetes
- 4-8 years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science principles
- Experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- TDD and pair programming experience
- Experience or strong interest in microservices architectures and distributed systems
- Solid written and verbal communication
- A Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with system automation
- Deeply familiar with concepts like DevOps, Continuous Delivery and TDD.
- Experience developing ed-tech or learning technology products
EPIC Values Alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Chance to work with the greatest minds in the world
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Note: They are an equal opportunity employer and value multiplicity at their organization. They do not differentiate on the basis of religion, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancies In Nigeria You Can Also Apply For Here:
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
Apply Here for Senior Backend Engineer
- 10th July 2019