Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Ashden Awards for Green Entrepreneurs. The Ashden Awards boost outstanding climate solutions. For over 20 years, their awards have backed radical concepts delivering lesser emissions and a fairer world, with awards and development support available to beneficiaries and finalists.
Now, in a pivotal year for the future of our planet, we want to hear about your bold and brilliant work. Entry to the awards is free, and applications close on Wednesday 3 March. Beneficiaries obtain a prize of up to £20,000 and a support package.
This year’s award classifications comprise energy access, greener communities, natural climate solutions, green skills, sustainable cooling and more. Some categories focus on the UK, and others cover work in low- and middle-income countries. Businesses, public bodies and charities can all apply.
Eligibility for Ashden Awards for Green Entrepreneurs
- Businesses, NGOs, government organisations, social enterprises and community groups are all eligible. Work has to be presently available to clients, customers or recipients.
- The Ashden Awards for green communities and green skills are available to work in the UK.
- The Ashden Award for climate innovation in the UK is open to work in Britain and Europe – but European applicants must spend the prize money bringing their work to the UK.
- The five remaining awards are only open to work in low- and middle-income countries, as defined by the World Bank – find a full list here.
- The natural climate solutions award concentrates on solutions in the Congo Basin, Amazon basin, and South East Asian tropical rain forest.
Benefits of Ashden Awards for Green Entrepreneurs
- Winning an Ashden Award offers a prize of up to £20,000 and also ongoing development assistance, from professional mentoring to pro-bono legal aid.
- Winning an Ashden Award brings a prize of up to £20,000 as well as ongoing development support, from professional mentoring to pro-bono legal help.
- They put winners in front of funders, investors, policymakers, journalists and others who know the unique value of an Ashden Award and the strength of our rigorous assessment process.
- They will create a promotional film about your work and tell your story in mainstream and specialist media, and through our growing digital channels. They have assisted past winners to gain coverage in Al Jazeera, The Telegraph, New Scientist and other foremost international publications.
- As an award winner, your views, needs and insights will be at the heart of our influential reports, toolkits and events – which shape the views of key climate decision makers.
- All winners join the Ashden network – giving them the chance to connect with new partners through masterclasses, investor pitching events and introductions to influential policy makers.
How to Apply for Ashden Awards for Green Entrepreneurs
All applications must be completed and submitted via our online application portal here.
If you would like a preview of the application form, there is a copy of the form here. Note that not all of questions you see in this copy will appear when you complete the actual form online, as some are shown or hidden based on your answers to earlier questions. The copy of the form is for reference purposes only – the form has to be filled out online for your application to be given consideration.
If you decide not to fill out your application for any reason then you may withdraw by getting in touch with them at [email protected]
- The deadline for applications is 3 March 2022, and winners will be announced in Autumn 2022 (date tbc).
- Apply in English using our online application portal here. To apply in Spanish, French, or Portuguese, send an email to [email protected] and request a form in the relevant language.
Application Deadline: 3 March 2022
For additional details concerning the full application and judging procedure, please visit the FAQs section.
Not interested in Ashden Awards for Green Entrepreneurs? See other scholarships here