Australia Awards Scholarships 2019 is presently open for applications. This post provides information on eligibility, requirements and how to apply.
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards implemented by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They target to participate in the development needs of Australia’s partner countries parallel to bilateral and regional agreements.
They give the platform to people from developing countries around the world, especially countries situated in the Indo-Pacific region, to go through full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies at participating Australian universities and Technical Educational institutions.
The study opportunities given enhances the skills and knowledge of individuals to push change and engage in the development in their own countries.
Different questions have been asked concerning the Australia Awards Scholarships. Some of them are:
- How can I apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships?
- When is the deadline for the Australia Awards Scholarships?
- When will the Australia Awards Scholarships start?
- What are the benefits of the Australia Awards Scholarships?
- What are the requirements for the Australia Awards Scholarships?
We have addressed these questions in this post. Read on.
Benefits of Australia Awards Scholarships 2019
- full tuition fees
- return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare round trip to Australia, from the country of citizenship via the most direct route.
- establishment allowance—a one-time payment as a contribution to accommodation expenses and study materials.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a two weeks contribution to basic living expenses of an amount determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a required program before the beginning of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of the awarded scholarship provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs excluding pre-existing medical conditions.
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if seen necessary PCE may be offered to students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- supplementary academic support may be available to make sure a student’s academic success or boost their academic experience.
- Field work may be offered to eligible research students for one return economy class airfare using the most direct route to their country or within Australia.
Conditions for Australia Awards Scholarships 2019
- Applicants for an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign an agreement with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will adhere to the conditions of the scholarship.
- Scholars are required to leave Australia for not less than 2 years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will lead to the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
How To Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships 2019
Interested candidates should click here to apply