Australian Visa Information

The following Australian visa information will help you decide which class of student visa you need to study in Australia.

All visa applications by foreign students and education agents are managed online by opening an account on ImmiAccount.

Student visa (Subclass 500) – Australian Visa information

All of the following listed types of study are encompassed on this visa. For additional details about student visas, go to Department of Home Affairs:

  • independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)
  • schools (primary and secondary)
  • secondary school exchange program
  • vocational education and training (VET)
  • higher education
  • postgraduate research
  • non-award courses
  • foreign candidates backed by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Defence.

Other visa options – Australian Visa Information

For shorter lengths of study, you can put in for a Visitor or Working Holiday Visa. There is also a visa option particularly for student custodians.

Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651)

  • Maximum 3 months study.
  • Intention to visit Australia is genuine.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Adequate money to finance yourself during stay in Australia.

Find out more about Visitor Visas on the Department of Home Affairs portal.

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417 and 462)

Related Articles
  • Maximum 4 months study.
  • Aged 18 to 30 years and possess an suitable passport.
  • Principal purpose to holiday in Australia.
  • Get into or remain in Australia as a sincere visitor.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Adequate funds for flight tickets and personal upkeep for stay in Australia.

Find out more about Working Holiday Visas on the Department of Home Affairs portal.

Student Guardian (Subclass 590) – Australian Visa Information

  • Allows for certain individuals to live with a student in Australia, where the student requires a guardian, i.e.: the student is not up to 18 years of age.
  • School up to 3 months or study ELICOS for 20 hours each week for length of visa.
  • Meet Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
  • Sufficient funds for airfares and living costs.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Acceptable health insurance.

Find additional details about Student Guardian visas on the Department of Home Affairs portal.

Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) – Australian Visa information

  • This visa permits eligible foreign students who have concluded an Australian education to remain in Australia to gain work experience.
  • You can work in Australia for a length of 18 months and up to 4 years, contingent on your qualification.
  • This visa does not limit the nature of work you may do or the amount of hours you may work.
  • Applications for this visa have to be made in Australia and you are required to possess an eligible student visa in the previous 6 months.
  • You have to satisfy Australian study, English adeptness, health insurance, health and character conditions.
  • You have to meet the particular conditions of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.

Find out more about Temporary Graduate visas on the Department of Home Affairs portal.

Visa options and conditions are sometimes subject to variation. So as to stay current, the best place to obtain correct information is on the Department of Home Affairs portal. The website offers all-inclusive details on the types of visas obtainable for various levels of study in Australia, encompassing people contemplating bring relatives with them (whether guardians, partners/spouses or offspring). You will also have access to assistance and counsel about your specific visa prerequisites.

Another option is to get in touch with an education agent, who can assist with your visa application, course application, and provide answer any other questions.

Find more articles on Student Resources here

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button