Be Exceptional scholarships are granted to foreign candidates to assist them in attaining their ambitions at the University of York. They have a number of awards varying from a £2,500 to £7,500 tuition fee reduction. If you are chosen for the award, this reduction will be applied in your first year only.
There will be two opportunities in which you can apply for the Be Exceptional Scholarships. You can hand in an application in either round one or round two (see information about the rounds under how to apply).
Eligibility for Be Exceptional Scholarships
Open to International (including EU) students only.
To be eligible for the Be Exceptional scholarships:
- Candidates are required to possess a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to enrol at the University of York by 22 March 2021 (round one) or Monday 21 June 2021 (round two) (you are not required to have accepted the offer)
- Candidates are required to be paying fees at the international fee rate (any fee evaluations must be finished by 22 March 2021 [round one] or Monday 21 June 2021 [round two])
- Candidates are required to be proposing to study a full-time undergraduate or a postgraduate taught master’s program
- Candidates must take the TOEFL or IELTS test and display the English language ability.
You will not be eligible if:
- you possess a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship award or are completely sponsored
- you are an undergraduate candidate and have made the University of York your insurance choice prior to 22 March 2021 (round one) or Monday 21 June 2021 (round two).
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for the Be Exceptional Scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
Application Deadline: March 22, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Postgraduate taught and Undergraduate
Award: £2,500 to £7,500 tuition fee discount
Number of Awards: Not Specified
How to Apply for Be Exceptional Scholarships
You must apply online. You are only required to make one application: you will be given consideration for both the Be Exceptional Scholarships and the Vice-Chancellor’s awards.
A committee of senior staff from the University will choose the successful scholarship beneficiaries, together with the value of the scholarship award (£2,500, £5,000 or £7,500).
They aim to notify you of the outcome of your scholarship award application by 7 April 2021 (round one) or 7 July (round two).
Terms and conditions
Once offered a scholarship you must:
- Accept the offer formally, following the link within your offer email
- Make York your firm choice
These actions must be completed by the deadline provided in your offer email. Else, you will forfeit your scholarship award and it will be granted to a reserve applicant.
You cannot put in to this scholarship award if you are presently a scholar at the University of York.
If you make a deferral of your place at the University of York, you cannot keep your scholarship award offer, but you can reapply the next year.
Be Exceptional scholarships cannot be combined with a Vice-Chancellor’s scholarship. If you are successful, you will be awarded with one or the other.
Be Exceptional or Vice-Chancellor’s scholarship awards may be merged with University of York departmental scholarship awards.
Be Exceptional or Vice-Chancellor’s scholarship awards may be merged with external funding provided that this does not exceed 100 per cent of your tuition fees.
If you are not successful in your application to the scholarship award in round one, you will not be considered for round two.
- Applications start Monday 11 January 2021, 00.01am (GMT)
- Applications close Monday 22 March 2021, 11.59pm (GMT)
- Applications open Monday 12 April 2021, 00.01am (BST)
- Applications close Monday 21 June 2021, 11.59pm (BST)
For More Information, Visit The Official Website
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here