Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s international scholarship award program, financed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and affiliate organizations. The program provides scholarship awards to exceptional scholars with leadership prospects from all over the world to study for a master’s degree program in any field at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time taught Master’s Degree Programme in any subject. Use the course finder to search for eligible master’s programs at every university all over the UK.
Number of Awards:
Around 1,500 scholarships globally will be offered.
The scholarship awards are targeted to nationals of Chevening-eligible nations. See the official website for the list of nations qualified for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship award typically provides university tuition fees, a monthly living stipend, an economy class return flight ticket to the UK, and extra grants and stipends to cover necessary expenditure.
Eligibility for British Chevening International Scholarships
To be qualified for a Chevening Scholarship award, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Go back to your nation of citizenship for at least two years after your scholarship award has ended
- Have finished all components of an undergraduate degree program that will allow you to gain admission onto a postgraduate program at a UK university at the moment you submit your application. This is normally equal to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may differ depending on your program and university choice.
- Possess a minimum of two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Submit applications to three different eligible UK university programs and have obtained an unconditional offer of admission from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
- Satisfy the Chevening English language criteria by 15 July 2021.
How to Apply for British Chevening International Scholarships
Applications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted through the Chevening online application system, accessible through the ‘apply’ button on your nation’s page. The closing date for the submission of applications is 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT (midday).
Please visit your individual nation page at the official website for additional information on how to apply for this scholarship award.
- 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT (midday)
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here