The British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019 is presently ongoing for two (2) vacant positions. Read more on each available position and also apply here.
The British Council is an international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities which was founded in 1934 and is based in the United Kingdom. We build friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We achieve this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – impacting lives by creating opportunities, establishing connections and trust. We work with over 100 countries in the world across various fields of arts and culture; the English language; education and civil society. Yearly, we meet over 20 million people visually and more than 500 million people over the internet, via broadcasts and publications. We are a UK charity managed and coordinated by the Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Some questions have been frequently asked concerning the British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019. These questions are:
- When will British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019 start?
- What are the requirements for British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019?
- Is British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019 form out?
- How can I apply for the British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019?
- What is the deadline for British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019?
- Where can I obtain the British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019 form?
- Is British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019 on?
In order to avoid our readers falling into the hands of scammers, we have decided to address these questions in this post.
Current Job Openings at British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Grants Officer
- Head of Finance
Job Position – Grants Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Pay Band: 6/G
- Duration: Fixed Term 3+ years
- Role Type: Business Delivery
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Department: Education & Society
- Salary Expectation: N8,106,739 per annum
- support and provide guidance in the management and coordination of an effective proposal review, selection and grant management system across FCR Programmes
- the development and application of proposal review and selection criteria,
- the implementation of agreed grants administration processes and the maintenance of due diligence standards and criteria in line with the grants manual.
- Update programme grants manual where necessary.
- Ensuring that all relevant programmes and projects have a grants management plan which sets out the requirements of the contract with respect to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of grants.
- Manage the grants selection process in liaison with the technical team and grants selection team, ensure eligibility requirements are met by prospective grants recipients leading to a fair and transparent grantmaking practice.
- Support technical teams to finalize on grants proposals from partners and CSOs.
- Developing and improving strategies and tools to optimize the grants administration process.
- Processing and administering timely requests for grants payments, after due diligence checks have been carried out in line with contractual requirements and standards set out in the Grants Manual.
- Organizing meetings were required to support programme/partners’ grants activities.
- Reviewing partners financial and narrative reports;
- Responsible for conducting financial management training/induction during partners’ coordination meetings.
- Manage the grants contracts with partners, in liaison with HR and Consultancy Manager;
- Monitoring grant expenditures against set budgets to ensure financial targets are met.
- Provide support to partners by training them on the efficient financial management system.
- Document lessons learned to improve the quality of events and their outcomes for the implementation phase of the programme.
- Coordinate with the Knowledge Management team to present summary reports and stories that contribute to the quarterly impact reports.
- Passport requirements/ Right to work in the country (All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- Graduate level education
- ACA/ACCA/CPA Professional Accounting qualifications
- Should have a Project management qualification aligned with P&P professional standards
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with a donor-funded project
- Skills and knowledge in grant management
- Construct and go over the execution of annual plans for a workgroup or function
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Has a track record of analyzing potential risks, promoting risk awareness, and holding others to account for their practices.
Apply Here for Grants Officer
Qualified candidates should click here to apply for Grants Officer
Deadline for Application: July 28, 2019
Job Position – Head of Finance
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Lagos
- Department: Finance
- Region: Sub Saharan Africa
- Pay Band: Senior Leadership Band
- Duration: Indefinite
Job Description for Head of Finance – British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- The applicant will have the responsibility to manage all aspects of strategic and operational finance in Nigeria.
- Be responsible for making sure that the finance strategy provides growth through new business operating models and complies to the Council’s financial control standards and the broader corporate and regional objectives
- Engage in the modeling and deployment of regional financial strategy in the country.
- must also exhibit an understanding of the organization’s objectives and goals and the ability to work with operational colleagues.
- will be required to travel within Nigeria.
- Make available financial information which will assist the Country Director and SBU leads in arriving at business decisions that adhere to country and regional strategy
- Ascertain the regular supply of strategic and operational business plan
- Effective and efficient financial control and risk management ability
- Keep a formidable pattern of risk management, both within the operation and with partners.
- Oversee advice on financial and legal aspects of commercial negotiations.
- Support Director Programmes to ensure that effective financial monitoring and reporting are undertaken to British Council’s standards.
- See to it that financial business processes and records are documented and communicated to staff regularly.
- Monitor and ensure implementation of changes in Nigerian tax and accounting legislation
- Build and use to BC’s advantage the potential for business growth through high-quality financial modeling and commercial costing and pricing strategies.
- Contribute to ensuring the policies, procedures, and systems of the BC are delivered with integrity.
- Institute a familiar and hitch-free working relationship with all SBU leads and utilize collaborative working opportunities to assist the achievement of impact in Nigeria.
- Actively back equality and a variety of concepts and work to the British Council’s EDI policy at all times.
Job Requirements for Head of Finance – British Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Passport requirements/ Right to work in the country – All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent with proven experience of successfully managing and delivering in similar roles
- Ten years of relevant experience in a commercial organization.
- Direct a team of professionals staff and work at different locations.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Tax and reporting regulatory requirements
- Evidence of being a key decision maker
- Experience in managing government funded projects
- Candidate should be skilled in Financial Planning and Management Accounting
- Should have General Knowledge across other finance fields
- Has a track record of balancing and mitigating risks in strategic and business plans and of providing a clear model of best practice to the business function.
- Influences and manages relationships at the highest levels to build mutual understanding
Jobs In Nigeria You Can Also Apply For Here
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
Apply Here for Head of Finance
Qualified candidates should click here to apply for Head of Finance
Deadline for Application: June 30, 2019