Application for the Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship for International Students 2019 is currently ongoing. See here for requirements and how to apply.
The Canadian Hearing Society is offering the CHS National funding for higher education as part of their mission of providing financial support to the Deaf and hard of hearing students in Canada
The program is established for top qualified candidates who are pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited institution, inside or outside of Canada.
Questions have been asked about the Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship. These questions are:
- How can I apply for Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship?
- When is the deadline for Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship?
- When will Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship start?
- What are the benefits of Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship?
- What are the requirements for Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship?
This post provides answers to these questions and gives a detailed guideline on how to apply.
Canadian Hearing Society is a service provider for deaf people in Ontario. It handles emergency situations in hospitals, emergency rooms, and after-hours clinics, shelters, and police services and provides interpreting services across Ontario.
Why should you apply to this program? The program gives financial support to the students who are hard of hearing and want to get higher education. It helps them to remove financial barriers and get a great path towards their success.
Eligibility for Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship for International Students 2019
- Eligible Countries: All
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Post-secondary degree coursework
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this grant the applicants must be either hard of hearing or Deaf and be 17 years of age or older and attending a post-secondary institution by the Fall of 2019 as a new student.
Not qualified for this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.
How to Apply for the Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship for International Students 2019
- How to apply: If you want to join this program, then you need to take admission in a post-secondary degree at any Canadian university. After taking admission, aspirants can complete and submit the award application form. It should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org with all the supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the one audiogram documenting hearing loss of 50dB or greater, pure tone average, in both ears, proof of Fall 2019 acceptance to an accredited post-secondary institution, 250-word essay in English or French, or a YouTube link to a 6-minute video in ASL/LSQ, as outlined in Section 3, community Involvement checklist and letter as outlined in Section 4 and, two letters of reference.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, seekers are required to have their previous degree certificates with good academic grades.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English, the university may ask you to provide evidence of your English language abilities.
The grant will be awarded worth up to $3,000 a year for full-time students and $1,000 a year for part-time students.
Deadline for Canadian Hearing Society Scholarship
- May 20, 2019