Civil Engineer at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Civil Engineer in the ongoing United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) job recruitment.
Civil Engineer at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – About Position
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ international growth network. It campaigns for change and links nations to awareness, experience, and resources to assist people to create a better life for themselves. It offers professional advice, training and endowments support to developing nations, with a growing emphasis on assistance to the least developed nations. It encourages technical and investment collaboration among countries.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Job ID: 29225
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Practice Area – Job Family: Crisis Prevention and Recovery – STABILIZATION
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- Analyze and share information with the team and the local technical teams on basic infrastructure activities.
- Support the assessment of the project activities of the targeted sites in BAY states ;
- Support the implementation of construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure facilities, where required, and advise on project contracting requirements;
- Conduct construction inspection including inspection of materials, equipment’s to be installed.
- Ensures that materials/equipment provided by the Contractor meets accepted requirements and standards.
- Discuss site issues with the Contractor and promptly report back to UNDP if a problem arises that requires UNDP input.
- Checks and certifies substantial construction progress/ completion and the corresponding payments.
- Ensure that the Contractor maintains safety on the site and clean the site after the completion of the rehabilitation work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master degree or Bachelor Degree or Equivalent in Civil Engineering.depending on the number of years of experience
- Registration in the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) before 2018
- Minimum 2 years (for Master degree) and a minimum of 5 years (for Bachelor degree) of extensive coordination and development experience including renovation and construction works.
- Experience in design, preparation of BoQ, estimated costs of civil structures;
- Experience in supervising rehabilitation works and managing projects.
- Working experience working with UN/UNDP is highly desirable;
Technical skills required:
- Functionally-related professional management skills.
- Technical related skills.
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes, programming.
- Knowledge of fundraising, project and program drafting.
- Reporting skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- The ability to communicate effectively in Kanuri, Hausa, or other local language is spoken in the NE region is an asset.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Job Recruitment
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Openings
- Alan & Grant Job Recruitment
- MasterCard Nigeria Job Recruitment
- IHS Towers Job Recruitment
- Caverton Helicopters Job Recruitment
- Whyte Cleon Job Recruitment
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Job Openings
- Carlcare Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Paykobo Job Recruitment
- World Health Organization (WHO) Job Recruitment
- Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Job Recruitment
- FHI 360 Job Recruitment
- APM Terminals Job Recruitment
- May & Baker Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Job Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University Job Recruitment
- Cummins Nigeria Job Recruitment
- La Fayette MfB Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Vacancies
How to apply for Civil Engineer at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- 16th March 2020
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.