The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in the United Kingdom is providing the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for ‘MSc Public Health for Eye Care’ in 2021.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at LSHTM are in place to enable gifted and inspired individuals to acquire the knowledge and skills needed for sustainable growth. The aim of the scholarship award scheme is to add to development requirements of lower income Commonwealth nations by offering training for talented and qualified professionals and academics that would not otherwise be able to school in the UK.
This year, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is awarding nine scholarships under the CSSS ‘Strengthening health systems and capacity’ theme for MSc Public Health for Eye Care program. These Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at LSHTM are jointly sponsored by the UK government and LSHTM.
Worth of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at LSHTM
Each scholarship award will cover:
- MSc Public Health for Eye Care tuition fees (at the foreign fee rate)
- GBP 1,330.00 monthly maintenance allowance
- GBP 421.00 warm clothing stipend
- GBP 200.00 study travel stipend
- GBP 225.00 thesis award
- CSCUK-approved airfare from the candidate’s home nation to the United Kingdom, and return home at the conclusion of the award
- Visa and related expenses (with Tuberculosis test fees, when required by UK Visas & Immigration)
- Extra baggage allowance for return home
Eligibility for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at LSHTM
- be a national of or be given refugee status by a qualified Commonwealth nation*, or be a British Protected Person, and
- be permanently and continuously resident in a qualified Commonwealth nation*, and
- be on ground to begin your academic program in the UK at the start of the 2021-22 academic year (September 2021), and
- possess a first degree of a minimum of upper second class (2:1) standard, or a lower second class level combined with a relevant postgraduate qualification (typically a Master’s degree) by October 2021, and
- be adequately fluent in English language to pursue their planned program of study and meet the School’s English language adeptness conditions at the time of application, and
- not have schooled for one academic session or more in a high-income nation, and
- not have worked for one year or more in a high-income nation, and
- verify in writing (through CSCUK application) that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to afford study in the UK, and
- verify in writing (through CSCUK application) that they will go back to their home nation within one month of the end of their scholarship.
- * Eligible Commonwealth nations: Cameroon, Bangladesh, The Gambia, Eswatini, Guyana, Ghana, Kenya, India, Lesotho, Kiribati, Mozambique, Malawi, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Samoa, Rwanda, Solomon Islands, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Vanuata, Uganda, Zambia
How to Apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at LSHTM
The application procedure has two steps. To be given consideration for this funding, candidates have to meet all eligibility conditions and finish both application steps outlined below by the scholarship award application closing date of 16:00 (BST) on Friday 9 April 2021.
- Hand in a full application for study for 2021-22 MSc Public Health for Eye Care, and
- Hand in a finished CSSS application for funding through the CSCUK’s online application form
- LSHTM recommends that candidates submit both applications (for study and for award) as soon as is realistically possible.
- Applications will not be given consideration unless all the condition set out in the announcement and guidance are satisfied by the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships closing date.
- By applying for this funding, candidates agree to the LSHTM Scholarship awards Terms and Conditions, and CSC scholarship award criteria and Terms and Conditions.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship award application latest by the end of July 2021.
- If you need help with your MSc Public Health for Eye Care application, please get in touch with Romulo Fabunan by email: [email protected]
Applications end by 16.00 (GMT) on April 9, 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here