Consultant – Big Data Research Scientist at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Consultant – Big Data Research Scientist in the ongoing United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) job recruitment.
Consultant – Big Data Research Scientist at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – About Position
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ international growth network. It campaigns for change and links nations to awareness, experience, and resources to assist people to create a better life for themselves. It offers professional advice, training and endowments support to developing nations, with a growing emphasis on assistance to the least developed nations. It encourages technical and investment collaboration among countries.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Consultant – Big Data Research Scientist
Additional Category: Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: International Consultant
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: 28th April 2020
- Perform data discovery studies and software prototypes.
- Write code and scripts to perform data cleaning, analysis, and modeling;
- Implement any software required for accessing and handling data appropriately;
- Produce high quality written technical reports and visualize data findings creatively in a variety of formats;
- Draft and review project proposals, concept notes and scientific articles;
- Prepare presentations and communication materials as required;
- Support and advise the Knowledge Hub activities as required;
- Interact with the global community through a variety of media.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computational Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical disciplines.
- A first-level university degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in data analysis or data visualization required;
- Proven familiarity and expertise with analytical techniques such as text mining, sentiment analysis, machine learning, event detection, and modeling of complex systems required;
- Proven knowledge and experience in applying statistical
- Experience coding algorithms (Python, R or an equivalent programming environment), data access and processing (software environment such as Hadoop), analysis and data visualization methodologies for call detail records, mobile data, social media data or any other big data source.
- Demonstrated experience documenting processes and/or writing scientific research articles required.
- Experience working in development or humanitarian response or in a developing country is preferred;
- Experience analyzing data from social monitoring systems, monitoring and evaluation work, or other survey work.
- Willingness to evaluate and adopt the latest advances in AI, machine learning, predictive analysis, and data visualization.
- Demonstrated ability to translate between data/science/technology and international development and humanitarian experts;
- Proven ability to manage relationships with partners, including government, universities, UN organizations, NGOs and the private sector is an asset;
- Fluent written and oral English required. Knowledge of another UN language an asset.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Job Recruitment
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Openings
- Alan & Grant Job Recruitment
- MasterCard Nigeria Job Recruitment
- IHS Towers Job Recruitment
- Caverton Helicopters Job Recruitment
- Whyte Cleon Job Recruitment
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Job Openings
- Carlcare Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Paykobo Job Recruitment
- World Health Organization (WHO) Job Recruitment
- Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Job Recruitment
- FHI 360 Job Recruitment
- APM Terminals Job Recruitment
- May & Baker Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Job Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University Job Recruitment
- Cummins Nigeria Job Recruitment
- La Fayette MfB Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Vacancies
How to apply for Consultant – Big Data Research Scientist at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- 23rd March 2020
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.