Applications are invited for the Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University in New Zealand available to full-time and part-time candidates registered in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsych) or Doctor of Social Work (DSW) in 2021 academic session.
This is a scholarship award for a stipend and fees. The prominent Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University is awarded to the highest ranked candidates in the October closing round. Both full-time and part-time local and international students will be given consideration for this scholarship.
They are on the lookout for applicants with a record of high academic accomplishment who are undergoing doctoral research of strategic significance. The Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University is a postgraduate scholarship. You will possess an offer of admission for doctoral study or be in the provisional registration year (pre-confirmation) of your PhD study.
When selecting their beneficiary, they will consider your academic accomplishments together with the alignment of your research to the strategic primacies of the University, College and research supervisor(s).
Worth of Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University
- The worth of the Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University will be an allowance of $25,000 each year and payment of tuition and non-tuition fees to at most 36 months of full-time study.
- Part-time study will comprise a stipend of $15,000 each year and payment of tuition and non-tuition fees to at most 60 months. Tuition fees will be paid at the local rate.
- For foreign beneficiaries, non-tuition fees comprise insurance for the applicant only.
The tenure of a doctoral scholarship will start in the award year for up to at most 36 months for full-time recipients and 60 months for part-time recipients.
Eligibility for Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University
- possess a conditional or unconditional offer of admission in a doctoral program at Massey University, or, be registered in the provisional year of a doctoral degree program at the time of application deadline (before confirmation of registration). Fulltime and part-time candidates are qualified to apply.
- have a GPA of 7.0 or higher
- be exploring a topic of strategic importance to the University
- agree to the terms of the scholarship award as stated in the scholarship regulations
Consideration will typically be afforded to candidates with a grade average of A- (7.0 on a nine-point scale) or equal. Candidates are required to also prove that their research lines up with the strategic primacies of the University, College and research supervisor(s).
Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University – How to Apply
- Foreign students are required to have received a doctoral offer of admission prior to applying for Doctoral Scholarships at Massey University.
- Successful scholarship beneficiaries then have six months from the doctoral scholarship award offer date to secure a visa, travel to New Zealand, and enrol in the doctoral program.
- You can download and complete the application form on the school’s website to be given consideration for this opportunity
The scholarship award is granted by the University Scholarships Committee (USC), which comprises cross-representation for the University.
College-based selection panels will assess, rank and recommend applicants to the USC for the award of the scholarship. Each College selection panel should comprise the College representative on the USC, and also academic staff with duties of doctoral education (comprising professional doctorates), research leadership and supervision. Cultural representation is required, specifically to guarantee Māori engagement in the selection process. The composition of College selection panels is approved by the Chair of the USC.
In proposing the award of the scholarship, the selection panel may take into consideration other scholarship awards and bursaries held by the candidate.
The USC retains the right to refrain from granting an award if a candidate does not display high academic standing or strategic alignment. The University Scholarships Committee’s verdict is final.
Application ends on October 1, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other New Zealand scholarships here