BBC World Services Vacancies, Vacancies at BBC World Services. The organization is recruiting and there are available job openings at BBC World Services Vacancies.
The BBC is a worldwide multimedia broadcaster on TV, radio, online and social networks with a weekly worldwide audience of over 320 million. As part of a remarkable and thrilling expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is starting a new Sports weekly TV program and ground-breaking digital sports content with current African Sport output. They are hiring to fill the following positions described below.
Job Title: Editor, Pidgin Service
Job Reference: BBC/TP/590126/45315
Contract Type: Permanent -Full Time
Job Category: Journalism
Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
Department: Pidgin Language Service
Reports to: Head of West Africa
- You will report to the Head of West Africa and also work closely with other senior editorial figures in BBC World Service. As the Editor, you will provide creative leadership and vision, to maximise the Pidgin language Service’s impact and potential in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa, taking into consideration the dynamic media conditions in the target area.
- The successful candidate will have substantial experience in a senior journalistic role within a media environment. Fluent in Pidgin and English (written and spoken), you will have experience of delivering output on media platforms.
- You will have recent experience of living in the target area, including a good understanding of the complexities of Nigeria.
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluency and up to date knowledge of written and spoken Pidgin and English
- Either a professional journalist or a senior operational professional with extensive editorial experience of digital news and the ability to develop and implement new and innovative approaches to news structure and content
- A good understanding of the media landscape in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa that extensively use Pidgin language
- Proven editorial judgement and flair, able to make sound decisions quickly
- A detailed understanding of the latest techniques and technology for newsgathering and production.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of more than one team. Resolving conflicts as necessary
- Can identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues etc. in the short, medium and longer-term
- Displays a devotion to improving multiplicity in the BBC and comprehends how individual differences can be of advantage to the BBC
- Able to prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing, budgets and resource requirements
- Ability to write creatively in an engaging manner, adapt, produce and translate with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media suitable for multimedia output Maintains personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy
- A thorough knowledge of the BBC’s Guidelines (including Health & Safety) and the editorial considerations and values relating to BBC
- Track record of leading a team of more than 20 people
The following competencies (behaviors and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:
- Creative Thinking: Able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Proof of a will to produce beautiful, quality content.
- Planning and organization: Able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Communication: Ability to get one’s message comprehended distinctly by adopting a number of styles, tools and techniques relevant to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Influencing and persuading: Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Managing relationships and team working: Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Developing Others: Able to recognise potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise) and is willing to foster the development of that potential.
- Resilience: Manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to comprehend and appreciate varying and opposing views on an issue, to take on an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to adapt or easily accept variations in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Application Closing Date
17th November 2019.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply for Here:
- British American Tobacco (BAT) Vacancies
- Maersk Group Job Vacancies
- Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancies
- Oracle Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Vacancies
- Oyo State Hospitals Management Board Vacancies
- Promasidor Nigeria Vacancies
- Lumos Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Vacancies
- Lidya Global Job Vacancies
- WINCO Foam Industries Limited Vacancies
- Nioda Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifemate Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- HOR Logistics Job Vacancies
- BSS Consulting Limited Job Vacancies
- Chams PLC Job Vacancies
- Spanish Villa Hotel Job Vacancies
- Finchglow Travels Graduate Trainee & Experience Job Vacancies
- OTP Internet Technology (9 Credit) Job Vacancies
- Pacific School Comprehensive College Job Vacancies
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here