United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) functions in some of the world’s difficult locations so as to access the world’s most disadvantaged children. UNICEF is devoted to save lives, defend rights, help fulfill the potential of children. In over 190 countries and areas, we fight and work for every child, everywhere, everyday to create a better world for them.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- United Nation International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Vacancies
- SIMS Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Job Vacancies
- Federal Polytechnic Ede Job Vacancies
- Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda Job Vacancies
- Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Federal University Wukari Job Vacancies
- Translators Without Borders (TWB) Job Vacancies
- 9mobile Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Delta State University Teaching Hospital Oghara (DELSUTH) Job Vacancies
- Imo State Government Job Vacancies
- Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Job Vacancies
- WTS Energy Job Vacancies
- RTI International Job Vacancies
- Breakthrough Action-Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Tempkers Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifespring Technology Job Vacancies
- Women for Women International (WfWI) Job Vacancies
- Cascade Synergy Limited Job Vacancies
- Amber Residence Job Vacancies
Job Position: Emergency Specialist, P3
Job Number: 527540
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
- Adopts adequate emergency preparedness measures through the development and updating of country contingency plans and establishment of early warning mechanisms.
- Engage in the formulation and development of plans of action in preparation and response to emergencies.
- monitors compliance of all sectors with emergency plans of action, including financial resources.
- Ensures coordination of the management of emergency preparedness and response.
- Provides technical advice related to emergency preparedness and response, including on programme management related issues.
- Provides advice to the country office in the implementation of emergency preparedness measures in the field to strengthen preparedness and response mechanisms in the country faced with impending emergencies.
- Develops and maintains databases on country/regional information, and ensure the flow of information and communication crucial for the planning and implementation of emergency preparedness and response management.
- Identifies availability of resources in emergency prone areas and establish logistics plans to be implemented during an emergency operation, to ensure a timely and effective emergency response.
- Plans, organizes and conducts training for the office’s staff capacity building in emergencies preparedness and response.
- Assists in developing and conducting emergency training courses. Provides training and/or briefing, as required.
- Participates in other emergency training workshops in the region, and builds up the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff as well as implementing partners.
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
- Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Law, Public Health, Nutrition, International Relations, Business Administration or other related field of study.
- Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields.
- A relevant first-level University degree (Bachelor’s), in combination with 8 years of relevant work experiencemay be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration.
- Developing country work experience. Specialized training/experience in emergency response management highly desirable.
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and Supervising
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
Access our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
How to Apply for Emergency Specialist, P3 at United Nation International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
November 14, 2019
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here