Applications are presently open for the Energy Globe Award for Sustainability in Finland in 2022.
The goal of the ENERGY GLOBE Award for Sustainability is to showcase successful sustainable projects to an international audience and to prove that for most of our environmental issues, viable solutions are already available.
Projects are submitted from more than 180 nations taking part every year in the Energy Globe Award for Sustainability. For 2022, ground-breaking projects and smart technologies from all over the world are welcome. Involvement in the Energy Globe Award for Sustainability is accessible to all projects which save the environment like resource preservation, increasing air and water quality, energy efficacy, and renewable energies and related areas. Also, projects that concentrate on the creation of awareness in these areas will be qualified to take part.
Worth of Energy Globe Award for Sustainability
- Acknowledgement from global environmental experts.
- Media coverage of your efforts to save the world.
- Connections to prominent environmental activists.
- Setting an example to others/Being a role model to others.
- Free of charge participation.
- 2000 € prize for every foreign Energy Globe World Award winner.
In every participating nation, the best project is granted the National Energy Globe Award. This successful project is presented in the international online platform of Energy Globe and also in the state media.
The best projects will be recognized as part of a ceremony that will be transmitted worldwide and also featured in the foreign media. Global winning projects for the award categories of Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Youth and Sustainable Start-Ups will also each get a cash award.
If you want, Energy Globe is also able to link you to prospective investors.
Eligibility for Energy Globe Award for Sustainability
- Any firm, establishment (i.e. NGO, school, club, university), person, or public authority that adds to climate change and other environmental matters.
- Projects are granted in the categories: Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Youth, and Sustainable Start-Ups. Projects that offer solutions to soil, air, and water pollution, apply renewables and improve energy efficiency, display sustainable use of our planet’s resources, and add to environmental awareness are the ones desired.
- No project is too small, and none is too big!
- A candidate can submit more than one project. A project can be submitted in any nation, irrespective of whether we have selected a project in this nation before.
The global jury comprising of around 30 energy and environmental professionals evaluate each project on the basis of various conditions. Chairwoman of the jury is Maneka Gandhi.
First, Energy Globe national awards are decided on a nation level and presented in their respective nation (currently over 180 countries).
After that, the best projects from each nation are put forward for the Energy Globe World Award (global awards), which is presented in 5 various categories: Fire, Earth, Water, Air and Youth. The Energy Globe World Award event is the climax of the year, where the best projects are presented to an international audience.
How to Apply for Energy Globe Award for Sustainability
- Please get your project submission ready by using the checklist (Word | PDF) given.
- After getting your application ready, kindly fill out the online form.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Application language: English or German
Conditions of Participation
- Projects concentrating on the preservation of resources, the enhancement of air and water quality, the effective use of energy, the execution of renewable energies and also establishing a heightened awareness for matters related to climate change can be entered. No project is too small and none too big. Such projects also comprise ideas involving ways to increase awareness (for instance in schools) or projects geared towards a better protection of the environment and establishing a more sustainable and meaningful future for generations to come.
- Participation is free of charge for everyone.
- Projects can be entered by persons and also companies, organizations, clubs, schools, universities, and public agencies. A single project may be mutually entered by several partners (please state the name of the main contact partner).
- Applications are currently ongoing.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Finland scholarships here