Memorial University in Canada welcomes applications for Entrance Scholarships at Memorial University for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Memorial University in Canada provides its foreign students many chances to receive scholarships and grants. Foreign candidates are also qualified for most continuing undergraduate scholarship awards beyond their first year of enrolment.
If you satisfy the entrance scholarships conditions, you are automatically given consideration for one of these non-renewable entrance scholarship awards when you apply to Memorial University.
The Memorial University of Newfoundland International Entrance Scholarships
Top candidates may be granted a scholarship award valued at $4,400 as funding permits. They are obtainable to candidates from both the St. John’s and Grenfell campuses. These scholarship awards have been created by Memorial University of Newfoundland as part of an agreement by the Board of Regents, in May 2003, that a part of the tuition fees for international undergraduate candidates would be reserved for International Scholarship awards. To be given consideration for these scholarship awards, a candidate has to be qualified to pay the full foreign undergraduate fee, have to enrol for at least 9 credit hours in each of two semesters in their first academic year at Memorial University of Newfoundland, should typically have less than 31 credit hours of transfer credits and meet scholarship award standing (comparable to that recommended for Newfoundland and Labrador and Canadian candidates). These scholarship awards will be granted by the Senate Committee on Undergraduate Scholarship awards, Bursaries and Awards based a recommendation from the Registrar or their representative.
IUGS Entrance Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
This scholarship award has been made obtainable by the university via a part of funds from the St. John’s International undergraduate student tuition fees (IUGS). It will be granted to new undergraduate international candidates on the St. John’s campus. The scholarship award will be valued at either $12,000 or $6,000 and is not typically renewable. To be given consideration for this scholarship award, a candidate has to be eligible to pay the full international undergraduate fees and meet scholarship award standing (comparable to that recommended for Newfoundland and Labrador and Canadian candidates). A candidate may not hold this scholarship award in conjunction with another general International entrance scholarship award of substantial value. The scholarship award will be managed by the Senate Committee on Undergraduate Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards on the basis of the recommendation of the Registrar (or representative) and the Director of Internationalization Office (or representative).
Other Entrance Scholarships at Memorial University are:
Eligibility for Entrance Scholarships at Memorial University
- International candidates are qualified for most continuing undergraduate scholarship awards beyond their first year of schooling.
- Most scholarship awards require candidates to be in scholarship standing. Scholarship standing for undergraduate candidates is defined as a 75% average at the end of two out of the last three semesters at Memorial University in the past scholarship award year and the successful conclusion of not less than thirty credit hours in those two semesters. Candidates who fail one or more programs in a scholarship award year will not be eligible for scholarship awards.
- Once you finish your first year, you may be qualified for other scholarship awards, including scholarship awards obtainable from your faculty or school.
How to Apply for Entrance Scholarships at Memorial University
- Once you have submitted application to Memorial University, you will automatically be given consideration for an entrance scholarship award (if you meet the eligibility conditions). That means, no additional application is necessary. Those successful in obtaining a scholarship award will be informed their acceptance to Memorial University has been received.
- If you are not able to apply for admission online, get in touch with the Admissions Office at [email protected] to ask about your options.
When you have applied to Memorial University, you will be given automatic consideration for the Entrance Scholarships at Memorial University (if you meet the eligibility conditions). That means, no further application is necessary.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here