Faculty of Science Scholarships of between £2,000 – £4,000 are available to new international students joining a postgraduate taught masters degree program in the Faculty of Science in the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Faculty of Science Scholarships will be granted on a competitive basis to applicants who display in their application for admission exceptional academic performance (current and/ or previously acquired) and any applicable extra-curricular or professional experience.
Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle and so making an early application for admission is advised.
About The University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde is a public research university located in Glasgow, Scotland. Established in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, it is Glasgow’s second-earliest university, having obtained its royal charter in 1964 as the first technical university in the United Kingdom. Getting its name from the old Kingdom of Strathclyde, it is Scotland’s third-biggest university by the amount of students, with students and staff from more than 100 nations.
The school was named University of the Year 2012 by Times Higher Education and again in 2019, becoming the only university to obtain this award twice. The yearly income of the school for 2019–20 was £334.8 million of which £81.2 million was from research grants and contracts, with expenses of £298.8 million. It is one of the 39 old universities in the United Kingdom comprising the unique second cluster of elite universities after Oxbridge.
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Faculty of Science Scholarships: £2000- £4000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Eligible Area of Studies: Computer and information sciences, Chemistry, Pharmacy and biomedical sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics, Forensic science, Biology and biological sciences, Biochemistry, Biomedical science, Immunology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pharmacy.
Eligibility for Faculty of Science Scholarships at University of Strathclyde
To be eligible, applicants must;
- be a new, foreign (non-EU) fee-paying candidate holding an offer of admission for a full-time, taught masters degree program in the Faculty of Science for the 2021/2022 academic session.
- possess, or be on track, to obtain a minimum of an upper second-class undergraduate degree (or foreign equivalent).
- be self-funded.
- Should offer proof of English language ability: TOEFL, IELTS, or other acceptable evidence. Please check the English Language Requirements section for more information.
How to Apply for Faculty of Science Scholarships at University of Strathclyde
To be considered for the Faculty of Science Scholarships, applicants must take admission to a full-time postgraduate program at the University of Strathclyde. After getting enrolled, candidates will be automatically given consideration for this education award.
Terms and conditions
- Candidates are required to meet all of the above eligibility conditions to be considered for a Faculty of Science International Masters Scholarship.
- Candidates who have been granted a scholarship will be informed within four weeks of getting their offer of admission.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enroll in the 2021/ 2022 academic year, and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee. It cannot be used for payment of a deposit.
- The worth of each scholarship award will be between £3,000 and £5,000. Successful Applicants will be chosen on their academic performance (present and/ or previously obtained), any relevant extra-mural or professional experience together with their scholarship award application form.
- Scholarship beneficiary will be expected to take part in student ambassador activities during their program of study, like supporting student recruitment undertakings and events.
- The awards are obtainable for on-campus study only, online master’s degree programs are not eligible.
- Scholarship awards will be granted on a rolling basis. Awards may be granted early in the application cycle.
- The closing date for consideration is 31 July 2021.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Science’s decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- July 31st, 2021
Not interested in Faculty of Science Scholarships at University of Strathclyde? See other UK scholarships here