The University of Queensland in Australia is currently awarding the Firebirds Financial Aid to International students who are interested in studying a degree program at the Institution. The Scholarship award is to inspire and support new students who have displayed a passion for netball.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award
Up to four Scholarship awards may be granted yearly on the recommendation of the Chair. The value of the Scholarship is $5,000.
Number of Awards: Up to 4
Eligibility for Firebirds Financial Aid at University of Queensland
To be eligible, applicants must;
- Have an intention to enroll as a new student in an Approved Program in the year of the award.
- Can prove they have played netball for school or a club or engaged in the sport of netball via coaching or volunteering within the last 2 year period.
- Be required to show proof of an adequate level of English proficiency.
For the selection process, the Chair must establish a selection committee, comprising
- the Chair, or nominee, as chair of the committee;
- an Academic member of the UQ Community Partnerships and Sponsorships steering committee;
- any other representatives as may be determined from time to time by the Chair; and
- a representative from Netball Queensland;
with University staff comprising the majority.
The Firebirds Financial Aid at University of Queensland will be awarded on the basis of the following criteria –
- in no particular order, preference may be given to Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Persons, students who are first in their family to attend university or a Regional or Remote Student;
- academic achievement in years 11 and 12;
- achievements and commitment to the netball community;
- leadership achievements and capabilities; and
- demonstrated financial need.
How to Apply for Firebirds Financial Aid at University of Queensland
Interested candidates are required to secure admission in the undergraduate degree program at the University of Queensland. After securing admission, you are required to submit a completed application with the supporting documents.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- January 31, 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here