Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University is awarded to outstanding applicants who want to pursue a degree program in Music at Newcastle University, UK. Read through this post for eligibility requirements and how to apply.
The International Centre for Music Studies at Newcastle University maintains a unique and plural research philosophy. They are seeking candidates of the highest caliber in any of their areas of research strength, which include:
- Early music
- Ethnomusicology and world music
- Folk and traditional music
- Popular music studies
- Music of the 20th and 21st centuries
- Critical and cultural musicology
- Music and cultural policy
- Music theory and analysis
- Composition – score or studio-based
- Performance, Improvisation, and other forms of interdisciplinary creative practice
There have been several questions asked about the Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University. Some of these questions include:
- How can I apply for Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University?
- When is the deadline for Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University?
- When will the application for Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University start?
- What are the benefits of the Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University?
- What are the requirements for Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University?
See the answers to these questions below.
Eligible Countries: International
Value Of Scholarships: 100% tuition fees
Eligibility for Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University
- Applicant must have to hold or expect to achieve, a minimum of a 2:1 honors degree or international equivalent in music or a closely related discipline.
- Applicants must be fluent in the English Language
Not qualified for this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.
How to Apply Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University
Interested applicants must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system. To do this please ‘Create a new account’.
The following information will help the school to process your application. You will need to:
- Put in the applicable program code in the program of study section
- MMus 5811F (full-time) / 5811P (part-time)
- MLitt 7802F (full-time) / 7802P (part-time)
- MPhil 7014F (full-time) / 7015P (part-time)
- select the program of study
- put in the studentship code mus01 in the studentship/partnership reference section
- insert degree transcripts* and certificates and, if English is not your native language, a copy of your English language certification
- attach a research proposal of no more than 750 words for the major research project to be pursued during the Master’s program (this can be a written dissertation or a Major Creative Project in practice-based research), outlining:
- the research questions your project will address
- the research context (i.e. current state of the research within the field or discipline)
- the methods you plan to use to address the research questions.
Include a personal statement of fewer than 400 words describing:
- your preparedness to undertake the proposed research
- how the proposed research will prepare you either for future doctoral research or in terms of professional development
- why your research is a particularly good fit for The International Centre for Music Studies
*You will not be able to submit your application until you have submitted your degree transcript/s.
If you have already put in for a place on the MMus, MLitt or MPhil in Music at Newcastle University commencing in September 2019 and desire to be considered for an award, you have to email an updated form of your research proposal and personal statement to the Postgraduate Administrator ([email protected]) by the application deadline.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Application Deadline for Florence Hilda Yates Music Award at Newcastle University
- July 26, 2019