U.S. Embassy in Algeria is inviting applications for its Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Master’s Degree in the USA for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program (previously known as Fulbright JSD) is a non-degree program financed by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C. and managed by the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York and the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program allows scholars from Algeria to seek graduate-level study in the United States. Candidates also have the distinct chance to experience life in the United States of America and share Algeria’s distinct culture and customs with Americans. Candidates are selected via a merit-based, open contest in which leadership prospect, academic distinction and ability to adapt to life in the U.S. are all given consideration.
Worth of Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Tuition and mandatory fees for graduate program in the U.S.
- Book and equipment allowances.
- Monthly Stipend for room & board.
- Supplemental health and accident coverage plan.
- Opportunities to take part in Fulbright Enrichment Programs
Eligibility for Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Required to be an Algerian national; persons of other nationalities are not allowed to apply in Algeria. U.S. nationals or green card holders are not qualified to apply.
- Required to reside in the country throughout the application, selection and placement process. (Optional): Required to possess two years of professional work experience.
- Required to have a Bachelor’s degree qualification from an accredited school (four years program under the classical system or five years program under the LMD system (License plus M1/M2 degrees).
- Must have a strong academic background.
- Required to be adept in English language with a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 92 or an IELTS score of 6.5 total (no single category under 6).
- Preference is afforded to scholars who have little or no past experience schooling or living in the United States.
How to Apply for Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Online applications are available at U.S. Embassy Algiers website
- Applications and documentation should be submitted via the Slate platform system
- Candidates will be expected to submit the following together with the online application:
- Translated academic transcripts and diplomas along with copies of the original documents. Translated credentials should be done by a sworn translation office.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores no more than two years old and GRE General Score. The GMAT score is mandatory for candidates putting in for MBA programs only.
- An up-to-date CV detailing all prior education and work experience.
- Three letters of reference. If reference letters are in French or Arabic, an official interpreted version in English language is required.
- A personal statement in English up to 600 words in length.
- A research proposal in English relating to the field of study (if applicable).
They will not give consideration to an unfinished application with missing all or any of the above-mentioned supporting credentials.
- Write clearly, using professional and understandable language.
- Explain why you have selected your field of study and how you are fit.
- Check all materials for grammatical mistakes and spelling errors.
- Resist the urge to use sarcasm, jokes, or inappropriate humor.
- Quote any outside sources referenced in your essays, as plagiarism will bring about disqualification.
They will not give consideration to students who only have a three-year degree program due to the fact that they cannot easily find U.S. schools that will take three-year degree programs as the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree. They will consider scholars who have a three-year bachelor’s degree and an M1/M2 degree (in the LMD System), which will satisfy U.S. university criteria.
Application for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program closes May 2, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here