Stanbic IBTC Bank is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Governance Consultant. Apply here.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a prominent African banking group centered on developing markets worldwide. It has been the backbone of South Africa’s commercial system for 150 years and now spans 16 countries across the African region. They are hiring to fill the position described below.
Frequently asked questions about Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment:
- When will Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2019 start?
- Is Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2019 on?
- What are the requirements for Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2019?
- What is the deadline for Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2019?
- How can I apply for Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2019?
- Where can I obtain the Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2019 form?
- Is Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2019 form out?
Find answers to these questions in this post.
Current Job Opening at Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment
- Governance Consultant
Job Position: Governance Consultant
Job ID: 39372
Job Location: Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Sector: Banking
- Governance: professional counsel about, and supervision of, the procedures, laws, and regulations governing the business, mainly for directors, chief executives and executive committees.
- To work directly with the Company Secretary to fulfill his role. Furthermore to this, the appointee is expected to ensure that the Establishment implements the highest standards of corporate governance; that each subordinate company board is properly organized, functioning properly and logging its activities
- Ensure that each board and all board committees function in terms of their mandates.
- Monitor all board papers and minutes. Maintain a record of important agenda items such as dividends, changes in capital, appointment and resignation of directors, opening/closing points of representation, and special resolutions.
- Follow up and make sure that all necessary governance processes are complied with in respect of the appointment and resignation of directors.
- Provide induction and training to non-executive directors on their duties and responsibilities when serving on the board of the Company, in line with International Best Practice.
- Ensure all mandates and policies with relation to Corporate Governance are in place, updated regularly and reviewed annually. Where necessary obtain group approval.
- Reporting requirements
- Ensure that annual reports are prepared and contain commentary on corporate governance, risk management; social and environmental issues and that they include reports by managing director and board chairman.
- Research on corporate governance-related trends.
- Keep a register of communication from the Regulator and other shareholders; supervising and follow up to ensure that all requirements are met/acted in accordance with.
- Act as Secretary to the Board and Board Committees as may be assigned to me by the Group Company Secretary.
- Assist with the preparation of Section 52 and 55 Applications for submission to Registrar of Banks covering the formation of any new subsidiary companies and make sure that correct governance procedures are adhered to and all necessary board and regulatory consents are received and logged.
- Maintain a record of, and update information regarding capital; shareholders, etc. and ensure that copies of regulatory documents are held such as Memorandum and Articles of Association, etc.
- Attend to other specific projects as requested by the Company Secretary.
Vacancies In Nigeria You Can Also Apply For:
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors in Law required or relevant tertiary qualification with a comprehensive understanding of principles of corporate governance practices and conduct.
- 4 – 8 years in a banking or company secretarial environment
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing. Good writing skills essential for minute taking
- 6th June 2019