Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Government Scholarships in Azerbaijan 2021.
“The Educational Grant Program for the Nationals of the Member Nations of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation” and “The Educational Grant Program for the Nationals of the Member Nations of the Non-Aligned Movement” were sanctioned by the orders of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on December 6, 2017 and on January 10, 2018, correspondingly. The Educational Grant (hereafter “scholarship”) Programs offer an opportunity for chosen applicants on yearly basis to study in the prominent universities of Azerbaijan at the preparatory programs, undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, general medicine/residency programs.
Eligibility for Government Scholarships in Azerbaijan
- Nationals of the OIC and the NAM member nations
- For undergraduate and general medicine programs – nationals not older than 25
- For graduate and residency programs – nationals not older than 30
- For doctoral programs – nationals not older than 40
Benefits of Government Scholarships in Azerbaijan
- Tuition fee
- International flight
- Monthly allowance for meals, accommodation and utility expenditures (800 AZN)
- Medical insurance
- Visa and registration costs
Submission of application
The application period for the Government Scholarships in Azerbaijan 2021 is now open.
Selection procedures and results
The selection process will cover two stages:
- Review of the relevant documents
- Interviews (online/Skype)
- The candidates will be informed about the results by July, 2021
Note: Universities will get in touch with the shortlisted applicants for institutional admission procedures.
How to Apply for Government Scholarships in Azerbaijan
- Completed application form
- Diplomas or Transcripts from prior High School or University studies
- Copy of Passport
- Document on general health condition (comprising HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and C tests)
- CV or Resume
- Motivation Letter
- Evidence of English adeptness (for programs in foreign languages: for undergraduate programs IELTS 5, TOEFL 40, for other programs IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 50). Note: All documents have to be translated into English language or Russian and certified.
How can a student get a visa?
- A single entry visa for educational and scientific commitments for scholars granted a scholarship award is to be granted at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport (Baku, Azerbaijan). A scholar is offered relevant support letter so as to make their travel to Azerbaijan go smoothly. Execution of the visa issuance at the international airfields of the Republic of Azerbaijan and payment of visa fee is offered through the “ASAN Visa” system and “ASAN Payment” system correspondingly. The visa fee is 20 USD. The value of visa fee is to be refunded to a scholar by respective educational institution.
- The citizens of some countries may also get an electronic visa via the “ASAN Visa” system (see list of eligible countries: https://evisa.gov.az/en/countries). The electronic visa is granted within 3 (three) working days and decides the duration of stay in the nation up to 30 days. The fee for an electronic visa is 20 USD (not including service fee). Irrespective of non-working days and holidays, crucial visa issuing avenue within 3 hours via “ASAN Visa” system had been also established. So as to get comprehensive information, please go to www.evisa.gov.az
- The nationals of the CIS member nations are not required to get a visa for entering Azerbaijan.
- For the most current information on visa, please go to http://www.mfa.gov.az/en/content/918
- To get additional details about flight information to/from Azerbaijan, a student should get in touch with the particular university;
- Travel expenses comprise single entry and return ticket (economy class) to the Republic of Azerbaijan at the start and end of each academic session;
- The particular university should offer economy class ticket to/from the Republic of Azerbaijan for the scholar. To get a ticket, a scholar should submit an application to the relevant educational institution with copies of valid passport and granted visa to Azerbaijan;
- In the situation of self-paid tickets, a scholar should put in to the particular university with boarding passes, copies of applicable pages of passport and electronic ticket to get refund. Self-paid tickets have to be in economy class and have to comprise travel details from the sending nation to the receiving nation.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021
For More Information:
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here