Grants Assistant at British Council of Nigeria – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Grants Assistant in the ongoing British Council of Nigeria job recruitment.
Grants Assistant at British Council of Nigeria – About Position
The British Council is the UK’s global establishment for cultural relations and educational openings. They establish friendly knowledge and comprehension between the people of the UK and other nations. They do this by ensuring a positive contribution to the UK and the nations they work with – transforming lives by creating chances, building connections and engendering trust.
- To support the management of the program grant system.
- To support the Grants Officer in coordinating and monitoring the implementation of donor funds to grant recipients to ensure they follow and fulfill requirements as set out in the grants manual.
- Support the grants selection process, processing and administering timely grant requests for payments, after due diligence checks have been carried out in line with contractual requirements and standards as set out in the Grants Manual.
- Support with documentation checks in relation to Vendor creation for consultants, partner organizations and grantees.
- To support the process of program planning, financial reporting and organizing meetings where required to support program/partners’ grants activities.
- Support in monitoring grant expenditures against set budgets to ensure financial targets are met; establishing a grants tracking mechanism.
- Provide support in maintaining all financial documentation pertaining to grant management (contracting, disbursements and retirements).
- To support the Grants Officer on grants reporting and maintaining the grants database.
- Support activities to facilitate replication of good practices in granting (demonstrate ‘value for money’) and compliance to set guidelines.
- Carry out any other task as may be assigned by the Grants Officer.
- Clearly communicate payment processing requirements and any changes to users and the responsible operations manager.
- Printing, filing, scanning, and updating of finance/grant-related documents.
- To ensure risk is minimized by strict application of British Council financial principles and guidelines for all program finance/grant-related activities, in line with client requirements.
Supervision / Management:
- Provide coaching and mentoring as well as train designated staff of partner organizations and grantees in building their capacity on financial management.
Team support and Contribution:
- To assist in taking on responsibilities to support the Programme teams as well as finance/grant team where necessary and practical.
- Support audits preparation for both internal and external audits.
- To proactively share best practices and learning across the wider EU programs team.
- Other administrative responsibilities
- Support/ act as cover for other state offices in a similar capacity.
- Any other responsibility as required
- Degree level finance qualification or equivalent
- Fully or partly qualified in any Accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA and CIMA desirable
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a project finance/grants environment
- Experience of supporting grants and internal stakeholders / external partners management
- Experience of an ERP system
- Experience of working in a Full Cost Recovery (FCR) project advantageous
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- British Council of Nigeria Job Recruitment
- MasterCard Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Bolt Nigeria Job Recruitment
- PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Job Openings
- Jumia Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment
- Ibom Air Job Recruitment
- Bedmate Furniture Nigeria Job Recruitment
- DHL Nigeria Job Vacancies
- 9mobile Nigeria Job Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Johnson White UNLTD Job Vacancies
- Workforce Group Vacancies
- Almond Group Job Vacancies
- XML Consult Job Vacancies
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Olymp Trade Job Vacancies
- Canon Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Nestle Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Vivo Mobile Nigeria Job Vacancies
How to apply for Grants Assistant at British Council of Nigeria
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- 19th January 2020
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.