IITA Recruitment for Administrative and Finance Officer, The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) remains one of the world’s foremost research associates in exploring solutions for starvation, malnourishment, and poverty. The organization’s high-quality research-for-development (R4D) approach tackles the growth needs of tropical nations. IITA works with associates to improve crop quality and output, decrease producer and consumer risks, and create wealth from farming. IITA is a not-for-profit organization established in 1967 in Nigeria and administered by a Board of Trustees. IITA specializes in the following crops: soybean, cowpea, yam, banana/plantain, cassava, and maize. It is a fellow of CGIAR, a worldwide agriculture research organization for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of WorldFish seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
- When will IITA Recruitment start?
- How can I apply for IITA Recruitment?
- What are the requirements for IITA Recruitment?
- What is the deadline for IITA Recruitment?
- Where can I obtain the IITA Recruitment form?
- Is IITA Recruitment on?
- Is IITA Recruitment form out?
IITA Recruitment is for the role of Administrative and Finance Officer. It is a one-year renewable contract with job location in Ibadan, Oyo. Here are details on how to apply.
List of Vacancies for IITA Recruitment
- Administrative and Finance Officer
Job Position: Administrative and Finance Officer
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
The successful applicant will, among other duties, carry out the following responsibilities:
- Manage project financial records and work with the host organization to prepare monthly expenditures by ensuring that the expenditures are justified in accordance with the relevant provisions of the financial approvals before sending to WF Bangladesh office for data capture in OCS;
- Review project expenditure statements with Project Management and interact with Bangladesh lead Financial Management persons;
- Ensure expenditures are made in line with the project work plan and budget and establish a clear tracking system of budget utilization;
- Provide financial and logistical support to field activities and work closely with the project team to ensure funds disbursement to carry out project workshops are appropriately accounted for and liquidated timely;
- Assist in preparing and reviewing project activity budgets for workshops or any other event and prepare advance requests for cash disbursement;
- Review and monitor balance sheet accounts such as accounts receivables and payables and ensure timely liquidations of expenses;
- Perform bank related tasks including monthly bank reconciliations and prepare monthly project cash flow projections and funds requests for submission for funds replenishments;
- Provide general financial support as required for office management and project;
- Ensure procurement and settlement of all invoices is done in a timely manner with assistance from the Project Administrative Assistant;
- Prepare requests for supplier payments for submission to IITA and track payments to internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure proper filing of financial records;
- Perform any other duties relevant to the Finance Officer’s role to ensure successful implementation of the project.
Job Requirements for Administrative and Finance Officer
- B.Sc/HND in Finance, Accounting or related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ working experience preferably in a not-for-profit environment set up with an understanding of project management.
- Possession of ACCA, CIMA, CPA or its equivalent is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have proven skill and experience in areas of financial management, organization, supervisory, financial accounting, analytical and donor contract interpretation. Understanding of project management is an advantage.
- Be enthusiastic, independent, detail-minded, analytical and highly numerate.
- Have good English communication skills (oral and written).
- Be computer literate and proficiency in MS Excel and financial information systems; e.g. ERP, etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Have the ability to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines.
Vacancies In Nigeria You Can Also Apply For Here
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
- IITA offers very competitive remuneration with equally appealing welfare packages and impeccable working conditions in a nice campus environment.
Apply Here for Administrative and Finance Officer
Interested and qualified candidates need to fill out the online application, attaching a comprehensive cover letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application should comprise the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which should comprise the candidate’s present or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and proof of present remuneration package.
Qualified candidates should click here to apply for Administrative and Finance Officer
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women