The Caldwell University in the United States is welcoming applications for the International Freshmen Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Caldwell University is a small, Catholic, Liberal Arts University providing a broad range of degree programs in the Arts, Sciences, and Professional fields. A lot of their programs have attained elite accreditation within the US, and the school was in recent times named a Great College for the Liberal Arts by Wintergreen Orchard House in “The College Finder”.
The school is situated in the quaint town of Caldwell, New Jersey. Lately, Caldwell was designated the third best place to reside in all of New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine. Providing a striking campus setting, Caldwell University is only a short distance from town, where scholars find shops, restaurants, coffee houses, a movie theatre, and anything else a scholar could want.
Worth of International Freshmen Scholarships at Caldwell University
- Presidential Scholarships are typically granted to full-time freshmen with exceptional high school accomplishment and SAT scores greater than 1270. Scholarship awards range from $20,000 to full tuition and are renewable every year for four years.
- Caldwell Scholarships are typically granted to full-time freshmen with exceptional academic high school accomplishment (equivalent to a 3.0 U.S. GPA or greater) and minimum SAT scores of 1080. Awards vary from $13,000 to $20,000 and are renewable every year for four years.
- Recognition Awards are granted to full-time freshmen candidates that display excellent leadership skills or a high-level devotion to extramural or community service undertakings. Scholarship awards vary from $1,000 to $5,000 and are renewable every year for four years. You should hand in an activity resume with your admissions applications specifying your extracurricular undertakings, community service, and leadership roles.
- Talent Scholarships are granted to full-time candidates interested in studying art or music. Portfolio reviews or auditions are mandatory. Awards range from $500 to $5,000.
- Athletic Grants are granted to full-time candidates with excellent athletic ability. Athletic grants vary and may be utilised for tuition and on-campus room and board.
Eligibility for International Freshmen Scholarships at Caldwell University
- An official high school result or official transcript from the G.E.D. exam.
- The average GPA for Caldwell’s new freshman class was about 3.3 on a 4.0 scale, or a B average.
What they look out for in your transcript:
- A class rank suggestive of serious readiness for college.
- Conclusion of sixteen units of work in college foundation courses.
- These has to comprise successful conclusion of four units of English, two units of an international language, two units of college preparatory mathematics, two units of science (a minimum of one of which has to be laboratory science), one unit of history, and other college preparatory programs.
- A candidate who has sixteen units but has not fulfilled all the requirements may be admitted on the recommendation of the Committee on Admissions on the condition that evidence is given of ability to seek college work.
How to Apply for International Freshmen Scholarships at Caldwell University
Initial steps in the application procedure are as follows:
- Fill out and submit the Caldwell University application for admission or The Common Application together with a non-refundable $50 application fee to the Office of Admissions. To have an application form and other admissions materials sent to you, please complete the Admissions Information Request Form.
- Write the SAT or ACT and have scores sent to Caldwell University. (College code: 2072)
- Have a formal high school transcript mailed to Caldwell University.
- Make arrangement to have two recommendation letters sent from a high school teacher, guidance counsellor, or another respectable source. You may also have them complete this form.
- Hand in a graded essay/term paper written in the past year or a paper on one of the topics on the application.
- The application must be made early in the senior year of secondary school.
- They advise applying by December 1st. Caldwell University’s rolling admissions policy, however, permits applicants to apply all through the year.
Application ends on April 1, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here