The University of Lausanne in Switzerland provides Master’s Grants on a competitive basis to international candidates who desire to obtain a Master’s Degree program at the University.
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Level/Field(s) of study:
All Master’s degree program from among those provided by the UNIL, with the exception of the following
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law from the University of Zurich and the University of Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
Note: For the Master of Law program, only two concentrations – “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are eligible to applications for International Master’s Grants at University of Lausanne.
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship award is provided for the minimum statutory length of the program selected by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 each month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months per year) for the entire duration of the master’s program (one and a half years or two years dependent on the selected masters), with the exception of cases of absolute failure after the first year.
Candidates granted a scholarship award will be excused from the fixed registration fees for the courses, except the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid every semester.
Eligibility for International Master’s Grants at University of Lausanne
Candidates are required:
- To have attained a foreign university degree judged to be equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL prior to the beginning of the master’s program at UNIL.
- To have performed exceptionally during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic records.
- To possess a language level of a minimum of B2 (in line with the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English based on the language in which your selected masters is taught.
- Not to have been enrolled with University of Lausanne in the past.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 management fee.
How to Apply for International Master’s Grants at University of Lausanne
You should not submit an application for admission to the master’s degree through the Admissions Department (SII). Applicants should send their completed application (check the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), not bound, by post at the university’s address.
The closing date for applications is 1 November to commence a master’s degree program during the following academic session, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the program permits. The date stamp will attest to the date sent.
Please to peruse the UNIL Master’s Grants FAQs and go to the official website (link provided below) to obtain the application form and for additional information on how to apply for this scholarship award.
- 1 November
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Switzerland scholarships here