Lidya is the future of finance for small-scale businesses in leading edge and developing markets. Their goal is to assist great business owners get financing and develop a credit score via an easy and encouraging lending system. Lidya presently operates in Nigeria where more than 100,000 businesses have registered for its service and is funded by Omidyar Network, Newid Capital, Accion, Bamboo Capital and Alitheia Capital. The firm has raised almost $10m USD in venture capital and has teams all over Lagos (Nigeria), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA). They are hiring to fill the following positions described below.
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria Here:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment – Apply Here
- NNPC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Army Recruitment – Apply Here
- Npower Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment – Apply Here
- EFCC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment – Apply Here
- NIMC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nabda Recruitment – Apply Here
- NYSC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment – Apply Here
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment – Apply Here
- FRIN Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment – Apply Here
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment – Apply Here
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here
Job Title: Investment Associate
- Lidya is expanding its activities. To contribute to our development, we are searching for a strategic and experienced Investment Associate to become a member of our team.
- Your work will help to grow our loan book and inform smarter, faster credit decisioning and superior portfolio management.
- You will be a driving force in helping Lidya quickly scale to millions of loans with minimal losses and exceptional returns.
- This is a perfect opportunity to participate in an entrepreneurial adventure that will revolutionize business in Africa, Europe and beyond.
- The Investment Associate position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients, assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers towards the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- You will be a manager responsible for providing guidance to the investment analysts and ensuring all due diligence is completed and portfolio growth is achieved.
- Ambitious & Metrics Driven: You want to solve the $5 trillion USD small business credit gap across fast- growing economies.
- Has no complacency and is high energy. You understand your role is critical to the company.
- Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact. You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency and dig into the details with the aim to help customers get the credit they need to grow their business.
- Collaborative. You understand you need a team to succeed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Team Management: Manage the investment analysts in launching, qualifying, and acquiring relationships with clients across relevant sectors including but not limited to companies in the eCommerce, consumer goods, healthcare and financial services industries.
- Loan Portfolio Growth. Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers including authentication of documentation presented for all credit applications and ensuring they meet KYC, loan assessment as required by the Lidya and by the supervisory body. Execute process for recollection of disbursed loans including recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans.
- Client Engagement: Managing existing client engagements, appraisal of customer loan applications, and approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits.
- Debt Settlements: Support the Collections team in managing non-performing loans by conducting analysis, and develop and recommend plans to eliminate client debt.
- 4 to 7 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Commercial Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Investments or a related Business discipline.
- Proven experience with running day to day aspects of client relationships and projects comprising considerable experience fulfilling commercial landmarks (i.e. attaining revenue or profit objectives).
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- Ability to manage a team of 2 to 3 colleagues to meet commercial targets consistently and sustainably
- Outstanding communication skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Competitive salary, workplace benefits and eligibility for equity in Lidya.
- An unmatched personal and expert development as our longer-term goal is to train the next generation of leaders for country-changing undertakings.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply for Investment Associate at Lidya Global
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
Top Government Jobs in Nigeria
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment – Apply Now
- National Planning Commission Recruitment – Apply Now
- Federal Government Recruitment – Apply Now
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment – Apply Now
- NUT Recruitment – Apply Now
- NERC Recruitment – Apply Now
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment – Apply Now
- NDDC Recruitment – Apply Now
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment – Apply Now
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment – Apply Now
- NABTEB Recruitment – Apply Now
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment – Apply Now
- NITDA Recruitment – Apply Now
- SON Nigeria Recruitment – Apply Now
- NIMASA Recruitment – Apply Now
- FMARD Recruitment – Apply Now
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here