Students who are being admitted to KPU for the first time in Spring 2022 are invited to apply for Kwantlen Polytechnic University Entrance Awards.
The Kwantlen Polytechnic University will award a sum of $5,000 to outstanding scholars who are interested in enrolling in a degree program at the school. At KPU, scholars are afforded golden opportunities to accomplish their educational aspirations and enrich their general life experience.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate and Graduate
Value of Award: $5,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Kwantlen Polytechnic University Entrance Awards
- The President’s Scholarship ($20,000)
- The Merit Scholarship ($5,000)
- The Indigenous Entrance Scholarship ($5,000)
Donor-funded Entrance Awards
- Awards vary in value around $1,000 to $3,000
Kwantlen Polytechnic University Entrance Awards candidates will be short-listed and categorized by the Scholarships & Awards Selection Panel, on the basis of the conditions of each award.
Award disbursement is contingent on admission and confirmation of enrolment (at least 12 credits per semester) and final marks of qualified candidates, before the payment of the award.
Major Entrance Scholarship disbursement will be split between the September and January semesters, and applied to any unsettled tuition and fees first, (dependent on continuance requirements). Any outstanding balance will be made obtainable to the award beneficiary in the form of a cheque.
All Kwantlen Polytechnic University Entrance Awards beneficiaries are qualified to apply for other scholarships, awards and bursaries for which they satisfy the requirements.
Only one online application is needed to be filled out in order to be given consideration for any of the Entrance scholarship awards.
Candidates who are being granted admission to KPU for the first time in Fall 2021, have to fill out a separate online application (see details below).
Please go through the following scholarship requirements and the documentation criteria stated below before filling out your application.
MAJOR ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- High school transcript comprising final Grade 11 marks and provisional grades for English Studies 12 and all other academic Grade 12 programs, if available, or
- Transfer document displaying equivalent of a 3.67 transfer GPA on at least 24 transferable university credits.
Required Supporting Documentation
Candidates Out of High School for 2 Years or Less
- Minimum one reference letter from a High School counsellor, teacher or principal supporting the application, AND at least one reference letter to support community participation, leadership or volunteer undertakings.
Candidates Out of High School for Over 2 Years
- Minimum two reference letters, from independent sources, to support recent community participation, leadership or volunteer undertakings.
DONOR-FUNDED ENTRANCE AWARDS
High school transcript detailing final Grade 11 marks and provisional grades for English Studies 12 and all other academic Grade 12 subjects, if obtainable.
Required Supporting Documentation Applicable to All Students
Reference letters as specified for Major Entrance Scholarship awards, a Student Statement or Essay (if specified in requirements), and a Budget Worksheet if financial need is specified in the award.
Eligibility for Kwantlen Polytechnic University Entrance Awards
- Candidates must be new students.
- Candidates are required to have a GPA score of over 2.0 to land a position at KPU.
How to Apply for Kwantlen Polytechnic University Entrance Awards
The Online Application is found by visiting the “Apply Here” link below and signing into the KPU Online Self-service (OSS) portal. Candidates need their KPU ID (student number) and password to log in. When signed in, please follow these steps:
- Click “Student Menu” tab
- Click “Student Awards and Financial Assistance”
- Click “Award Application”
- Make sure that the Application Type you have chosen is for Spring Term 2022 Major Entrance Scholarships & Awards, select “Apply” and begin filling out the application.
- Important – Make sure you select “Yes” to the Terms & Conditions on the Personal Declaration page so that your application is be successfully submitted.
- Send your supporting documentation package on or before the application closing date to [email protected]. The file must be titled as your Last Name_First Name_ENT.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND NOT AFFORDED FURTHER CONSIDERATION
- Spring 2022: September 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm
For More Information, Visit The Official Website
Not interested in Kwantlen Polytechnic University Entrance Awards? See other Canada scholarships here