Stanbic IBTC Bank Vacancies, Vacancies at Stanbic IBTC Bank. The organization is recruiting and there are available job openings at Stanbic IBTC Bank Vacancies.
Standard Bank is a strong advocate in the technical revolution, in order to assist them to make sure of brilliant client service and cutting edge financial solutions. Their growing worldwide success reflects their devotion to the latest solutions, the best personnel, and a uniquely flexible and pulsating working culture. To assist them to propel their success into the future, they are searching for resourceful people to join their dedicated team at their offices. They are hiring to fill the following positions described below.
Job Title: Legal Officer, Corporate & Investment Banking
Job ID: 43797
Job Sector: Banking
- The Legal Officer reports to the Head, Corporate & Investment Banking Legal
- Working closely with other Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) Lawyers, the job holder will provide legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice and support in relation to the Client Coverage, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Transactional Products and services activities of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC and Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited (together “Stanbic IBTC”), with the objective of assisting the business leaders of those businesses in achieving their business goals in a manner consistent with sound risk management.
- Partnering with the CIB embedded Legal teams in the Africa Regions countries and Johannesburg and the CIB Legal team Africa Regions to ensure an aligned and consistent level of service to the business.
Provide legal support to the client coverage, investment banking, global markets, and transactional products and services businesses:
- Engaging and working closely with external legal counsel as and when required and ensuring their accountability, cost efficiency and competitiveness and excellence in expertise and service delivery.
- Working closely with other CIB Lawyers to identify legal risks, providing actionable, solution-orientated advice to mitigate those risks, reporting incidents of non-compliance as necessary and ensuring risks are properly understood and mitigated;
- Where appropriate, drafting legal documentation;
- Manage all legal implementation of transactions.
Develop and maintain strong and lasting relationships with various stakeholders across the organization:
- Proactively develop and manage strong working relationships with front office staff and across business units.
- Build and maintain strong networks of internal clients and external parties.
- Engaging and working collaboratively with deal team members in cross border and multi jurisdictions to develop a harmonised approach to common issues and policies;
- Gain confidence of credit and other committees as a trusted legal adviser.
- Work within the CIB Legal team but independently on transactions.
- Build relationships with external counsel and other members of the CIB Legal team.
- Handle difficult situations tactfully and diplomatically.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB Law Degree
- BL Degree with at least 5 years post qualification experience with a solid technical grounding in corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking and finance, corporate banking, syndicated loans, corporate finance and derivatives.
- Knowledge and awareness of the legal and regulatory frameworks in Nigeria governing various aspects of corporate and investment banking;
- Risk Management – Understands and manages strategic and operational risk within the relevant legal agreements, including understanding and conforming to the relevant processes and procedures within Legal (Risk) and all the CIB areas.
- Strong work ethic
- Financial literacy (basic understanding of finance and financial terminology and concepts).
- Legal Drafting
- Legal knowledge
- Legal compliance
- Financial industry regulatory framework
- Written and verbal communication
- Risk awareness
Application Closing Date
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- SIMS Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Job Vacancies
- Federal Polytechnic Ede Job Vacancies
- Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda Job Vacancies
- Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Federal University Wukari Job Vacancies
- Translators Without Borders (TWB) Job Vacancies
- 9mobile Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Delta State University Teaching Hospital Oghara (DELSUTH) Job Vacancies
- Imo State Government Job Vacancies
- Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Job Vacancies
- WTS Energy Job Vacancies
- RTI International Job Vacancies
- Breakthrough Action-Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Tempkers Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifespring Technology Job Vacancies
- Women for Women International (WfWI) Job Vacancies
- Cascade Synergy Limited Job Vacancies
- Amber Residence Job Vacancies
- Leadway Assurance Company Limited Job Vacancies
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here