Stanbic IBTC Bank is one of the topmost African banking group with complete focus on emerging markets globally. It has been a pillar of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now exists in 16 countries all over Africa.
Stanbic IBTC Bank believes strongly in technical innovation, to assist us ensure exceptional client service and efficient edge financial solutions. Our reputable success portrays our devotion to the latest solutions, the best people, and a distinct flexible and vibrant working norm.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Vacancies
- Smart Partners Consulting Job Vacancies
- Hazon Holdings Job Vacancies
- Libra Motors Limited Job Vacancies
- Arion Energy Services Limited Job Vacancies
- WootLab Job Vacancies
- Cornerstone Insurance Plc Job Vacancies
- UN Women Job Vacancies
- Traders of Africa Job Vacancies
- Imo International Health Systems Job Vacancies
- Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs (A.Y.E) Job Vacancies
- Airtel Africa Job Vacancy
- Konga Nigeria Job Vacancy
- HR Leverage Africa Job Vacancies
- CWAY Group Job Vacancies
- Enterprise Communication Limited Job Vacancies
- Phyatex International Job Vacancies
- Ruhe Global Resources (RGR) Job Vacancies
- United Parcel Service (UPS) Job Vacancy
- GUO Transport Company Limited Job Vacancy
Job Position: Legal Officer, Corporate & Investment Banking
Job ID: 43797
Job Sector: Banking
- Liaisewith and support other CIB Lawyers, Head, Corporate & Investment Banking Legal and Head, Country Legal Services to provide the client coverage, investment banking, global markets and transactional products and services businesses with appropriate legal support.
- Being a trusted, solution-driven legal advisor and value-added partner to the client coverage, investment banking, global markets and transactional products and services businesses by providing timely, commercial and judgment-based legal advice, input and oversight.
- Engaging and working closely with external legal counsel as and when required and ensuring their accountability, cost efficiency and competitiveness and excellence in expertise and service delivery.
- Proactively develop and manage strong working relationships with front office staff and across business units.
- Build and maintain strong networks of internal clients and external parties.
- Engaging and working collaboratively with deal team members in cross border and multi jurisdictions to develop a harmonized approach to common issues and policies.
- Gain confidence of credit and other committees as a trusted legal adviser.
- Work within the CIB Legal team but independently on transactions.
- Build relationships with external counsel and other members of the CIB Legal team.
- Handle difficult situations tactfully and diplomatically.
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
- LLB Law Degree
- BL Degree with at least 5 years post qualification experience with a solid technical grounding in corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking and finance, corporate banking, syndicated loans, corporate finance and derivatives.
- Has sound technical understanding of Nigerian law and experience in corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking and finance, corporate banking, capital raising, syndicated loans, corporate finance and derivatives.
- Knowledge and awareness of the legal and regulatory frameworks in Nigeria governing various aspects of corporate and investment banking.
- Understands and manages strategic and operational risk within the relevant legal agreements, including understanding and conforming to the relevant processes and procedures within Legal (Risk) and all the CIB areas.
- Competencies required in delivering accurate and relevant results and assessing risk including attention to detail, delivery of accurate and relevant research, proactivity and timely delivery of requirements, ownership of problems, understanding of impact of non-delivery and sub-standard performance.
- Strong commercial awareness, analytical abilities and problem- solving skills sufficient to maximize the solutions available within a given regulatory and legal context.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively apply verbal, nonverbal and written communication methods to achieve desired results using a flexible interpersonal style.
- Demonstrates a sophisticated level of front line negotiation skills and professionalism in dealing with others.
- Influential skills sufficient to shape the decision-making process in situations where there may be a natural resistance to the advice.
- Strong work ethic.
- Financial literacy (basic understanding of finance and financial terminology and concepts).
- Legal Drafting
- Legal knowledge
- Legal compliance
- Financial industry regulatory framework
- Written and verbal communication
- Risk awareness.
How to Apply for Legal Officer, Corporate & Investment Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here