Legal Officer at Egbin Power – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Legal Officer in the ongoing Egbin Power job recruitment.
Legal Officer at Egbin Power – About Position
Egbin Power Plc. a subordinate of the Sahara Power Group based along the Lagos Lagoon is one of the largest additions to the electricity sector in Nigeria. Currently, the biggest privately owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was constructed to satisfy the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its regions with plans in place to grow its generation capacity to go beyond 5,000MW within the next five years.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide sound and efficient legal advisory services to Egbin Power Plc.
- Provide advice and recommendations that ensure that company operations, procedures and policies are within relevant statutes and legislation in Nigeria.
- Provide drafts, negotiate, administer, interpret; perfect and advise on commercial agreements, letters, forms and other legal documents related to the organization as required.
- Work with the Head of Legal & Regulatory to ensure that approved contracts are duly executed by the relevant parties and signatories.
- Attend company meetings and rendering such secretarial services as may be deemed appropriate to support the Board Secretariat.
- Assist in the entire review and approval processes for all contracts in accordance with the process and the limits of authority policies.
- Liaise with external solicitors working on the Company’s matters, litigation, and transactions.
- Assist in handling regulatory matters with respect to governing power sector acts and regulations, resolving regulatory issues with respect to Power Purchase Agreements.
- Monitor developments with respect to changes in government policies on Power Generation, power sale, rules & regulations of related policies and advice Head Legal and Regulatory on implications.
- Support in periodic reporting, MIS and Management Inputs.
- Assist in the organization and administration of the legal department.
- Conduct a regular environmental scans to keep abreast of the latest case-law and statues/amendments specific to the Power Sector.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned to him/her by the Head, Legal & Regulatory Services.
- Minimum qualification is Degree in Law, L.L.B, B.L (Second Class Lower Division)
- LLM or any relevant Post Graduate Qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working as a corporate lawyer.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to form objective conclusions.
- Good business writing and documentation/ drafting skills
- Knowledge of substantive law and legal procedures
- A high degree of reliability, confidentiality, discretion, quality, and professionalism
- Ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on courses of action.
- Appreciable business judgment, critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize assignments.
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skill
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- Egbin Power Job Recruitment
- CARE International Job Recruitment
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Openings
- Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) Job Recruitment
- Interswitch Group Job Recruitment
- MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Job Recruitment
- HealthPlus Limited Job Recruitment
- Dangote Group Job Recruitment
- Kimberly Ryan Job Recruitment
- Sahara Group Job Recruitment
- Sales Force Consulting Job Recruitment
- Guinness Nigeria Job Openings
- Aldelia Group Job Recruitment
- Anheuser-Busch InBev Job Recruitment
- Rural Homes Job Recruitment
- Vincintoire Limited Job Recruitment
- Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Job Recruitment
- OPEC Job Recruitment
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment
How to apply for Legal Officer at Egbin Power
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- Not Specified
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.