Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Leiden University Study Grants in the Netherlands for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Famous for its rich history and its devotion to the humanities and the social sciences, the Leiden University took on special prominence throughout the Dutch Golden Age, when academics from all around Europe became more fascinated in the Netherlands Republic because of the atmosphere of cultural inclusion, intellectual tolerance and Leiden’s global recognition.
The university is comprised of seven academic departments and over fifty thematic divisions, and also over 40 local and international research facilities. The primary campus has a number of buildings spread across the university city of Leiden, with an additional campus in the Hague accommodating a College of Liberal Arts and many of its faculties.
Leiden University Study Grants Description
- Host University: Leiden University;
- Host Country: Netherlands;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Master, PhD and Postdoctoral Levels;
- Scholarship Value: 240euros – 360euros per month;
- Subjects Available: Please check the list bellow;
- Eligible Nations: International Students;
- Application Deadline: Open.
The Leiden University Study Grants is obtainable for foreign students in Undergraduate, Master, PhD and Postdoctoral levels to have the chance to pursue their education at the Leiden University in Netherlands.
The acceptable subjects for the scholarship at the University are:
- Asian Studies;
- Behavioral Sciences;
- Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding;
- African Studies;
- Social Sciences;
- Global Affairs;
- Governance and other all other subjects.
Leiden University offers high-quality academic courses, a range of bachelor and master’s programs and provides scholars the chance to receive tailored assistance and support. The university makes education and learning more reachable, advances team building, global mobility, builds campus culture, nurtures talent, and provides students a range of jobs and financial assistance.
Benefits of Leiden University Study Grants
The candidates will be awarded full tuition fees as listed below. The award is on the basis of the specific duration of time and nation of destination. Erasmus+ nations are divided in 3 groups based on the total number of awards:
Group 1: 360euros per month – Denmark, United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Luxembourg, Finland, Liechtenstein, Iceland.
Group 2: 300euros per month – Austria, Spain, Cyprus, Italy, Malta, Germany, Greece, Belgium, Portugal, France.
Group 3: 240euros per month – Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Republic of Macedonia, Estonia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Slovenia.
Eligibility for Leiden University Study Grants
- Students’ program or research has to be a central part of their Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree program at Leiden University; the host institution is required to have an agreement in place with the University of Leiden on an Erasmus+ inter-institutional collaboration;
- Candidates are qualified to apply for an Erasmus+ grant for a duration of up to 12 months per BACHELOR or MASTER or PhD study cycle;
- The candidates’ Erasmus+ period of study needs to be from a minimum of 3 months (90 days) to a maximum of 12 months (360 days). A duration of less than 90 days will only be considered if their hosting institution runs a system of semesters or trimester.
How to Apply for Leiden University Study Grants
- Candidates have to print, fill and sign the application form, and get their faculty’s international exchange director to sign it too. Then submit it online;
- Candidates are required to submit a scanned PDF copy of the signed application form to [email protected] at least two months before the commencement of their Erasmus+ program;
- Candidates will be required to fill out the “Before mobility” part of the apprenticeship agreement for studies. Please ensure that you also sign the apprenticeship agreement and ask the authorities in charge at the University of Leiden and the host university to do the same;
- Once the application is approved, candidates will be informed by email of the approval of their application and will obtain a decision letter and the funding contract prior to the commencement of their Erasmus+ period;
- Candidates will be needed to fill out the First Language Evaluation. They will receive an assignment invite by e-mail from the Erasmus+ online language services;
- Candidates will obtain the Leiden University Study Grants which will be remitted to their bank account.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here