The Lester B. Pearson Scholarship program at the University of Toronto is aimed to recognize foreign students who display excellent academic accomplishment and creativity and who are acknowledged as leaders within their school.
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: Up to 37
Value of Award: The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship awards will provide tuition, incidental fees, books, and full residence support.
Duration of Program: Four years.
Eligibility for Lester B. Pearson Scholarship at University of Toronto
- Candidates are required to be international students (i.e. a non-Canadian needing a study permit)
- Applicant must be an original and creative thinker
- Applicants must have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Applicants must currently be in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2020
- Candidates have to be looking to start university in the upcoming academic year (candidates already attending post-secondary studies cannot be given consideration; candidates commencing their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be given consideration)
How to Apply for Lester B. Pearson Scholarship at University of Toronto
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2021 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be informed that you will be given consideration for the Pearson Scholarship award for your first choice of program at U of T. You may put in for several programs and may obtain admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship award, if granted to you, would be applied to your first choice of program at U of T at the time the scholarship award decisions are made.
- Once we’ve gotten a nomination and you’ve submitted an application to the university, you can fill out the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2020
- Student OUAC application closing date: December 14, 2020 (Please be aware that this is the final date to apply to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you submit an application for admission via the OUAC before November 7, 2020, as spaces in programs fill-up rapidly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here