Librarian at Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Librarian in the ongoing Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) job recruitment.
Librarian at Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) – About Position
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in acknowledgment of its evolving role and in the exercise of its oversight function over the Financial Services sector, has decided to intervene in the postgraduate programs of three chosen universities; Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ibadan and University of Nigeria.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Librarian
Locations: Enugu, Ibadan – Oyo, and Zaria – Kaduna
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain library strategies and policies in consultation with students and staff that fully reflect the educational aims and objectives of the Centre of Excellence.
- Select, maintain and manage all resources and stock within the library facilities.
- Guide and assist students and teaching staff to make the best use of the library services and facilities within the Centre and host universities.
- Liaise with teaching staff to develop a stock selection policy that ensures the provision of relevant resources to cover all areas of the curriculum, and abilities.
- Participate in the planning and development of programs for information handling skills and literacy within the CoE and contribute actively to the delivery of such programs.
- Develop and deliver induction training and other training programs for new and existing users of the library services and facilities.
- Stage displays of materials to highlight current affairs, topical issues and particular aspects or areas of the curriculum.
- Promote library services across the Centres and encourage students and teaching staff to make use of library resources effectively.
- Assist with archiving and displaying information and materials.
- Ensure that students and staff are familiar with the use of inquiry and circulation features of the library management systems.
- Arrange library resources and materials in a way that promotes effective retrieval, including the systematic indexing, classification, and cataloging of all library resources and materials.
- Carry out the routine procedures associated with the ordering, receipt, and distribution of materials and the payment of invoices.
- Prepare materials and collections for use, distribution or disposal.
- Carry out routine procedures associated with the request system and inter-library loans.
- Set up and reorganize library facilities as required, including moving and reorganizing stock, materials, and resources.
- Design and implement library technologies (library management system, subject/research guide system, electronic resources management) to enhance library services.
- Develop electronic collection for the center comprising eBooks, e-journals, databases, data and statistical sources to enable users to access current scholarly resources remotely.
- Minimum of a Second-Class Honors Degree in Library Science. A Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
- Possession of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Work experience – five years minimum.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Job Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University Job Recruitment
- Cummins Nigeria Job Recruitment
- La Fayette MfB Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Vacancies
- Julius Berger Nigeria Job Recruitment
- CapitalCorp Limited Job Recruitment
- Nestle Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Fan Milk Plc Job Recruitment
- Coca-Cola Company Job Recruitment
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Job Vacancies
- First Bank of Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Society for Family Health (SFH) Job Vacancies
- Crestflow Energy Job Recruitment
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Job Openings
- PUNCH Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Management FIRST Job Recruitment
- British American Tobacco Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Egbin Power Job Recruitment
How to apply for Librarian at Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- 12th March 2020