The United Nations World Food Programme is the topmost and world’s leading humanitarian agency vehemently fighting hunger worldwide. Its primary objective is to assist the world to attain Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Daily, WFP works hard worldwide to make sure that no child goes to bed without food and that the poorest and most vulnerable, persons can access the nutritious food they need.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Vacancies
- Exzie Business Solution Internship & Experience Job Vacancies
- British High Commission (BHC) Job Vacancies
- Atlantic Hall School Teaching & Non-teaching Job Vacancies
- Imo International Health Systems Job Vacancies
- Nioda Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifemate Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- HOR Logistics Job Vacancies
- BSS Consulting Limited Job Vacancies
- Chams PLC Job Vacancies
- Spanish Villa Hotel Job Vacancies
- Finchglow Travels Graduate Trainee & Experience Job Vacancies
- OTP Internet Technology (9 Credit) Job Vacancies
- Pacific School Comprehensive College Job Vacancies
- Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Delta State University Job Vacancies
- Access Solutions Limited Job Vacancies
- AT&T Group Limited Job Vacancies
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Vacancies
- Dragnet Solutions Limited Vacancies
Job Position: Logistics Assistant (Food Quality & Safety) G5
- Monitor and inspect visually/ by using the appropriate devices the quality of the food commodities that received WFP’s warehouse;
- Make available regular reports on the food quality and safety incidents at WFP’s and Cooperative Partners’ (CP) warehouses;
- To conduct regular visits to the supplier’s processing facilities/ warehouses (in Maiduguri/ Kano) to ensure compliance with WFP’s requirements for Food Safety and Quality Management Systems;
- Establish and maintain collaboration with local laboratories (in Maiduguri/ Kano) to support utilizing the laboratory’s capacities to carry out test methods for analysis of humanitarian food aid commodities and to recognize the prospective area to foster the capacities;
- Assisting on delivering the training courses on food quality and food safety topics to WFP staff, other stakeholders and food processors;
- Monitoring the food quality aspects at WFP warehouses to ensure compliance with WFP’s manuals and best practices of food quality and safety on storage of Special Nutritious Foods and fortified commodities
- Monitor the fumigation practices at WFP’s warehouses and recommend improvements when applicable
- Assisting on following up of the shelf life of foods in warehouses, notify and communicate a report to take action accordingly.
- Create, update and share reports on food quality and safety incidents at the WFP’s and CP’s .
- Follow up the reporting and monitoring the performance of the services providers of the inspection and testing services.
- Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Provide correct and prompt information and data to enable accurate decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Exhibit the ability to discharge operational warehouse procedures and normative
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology, Food Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Food Science or relevant field of study.
- Not less than 2 years of credible work experience in Food Quality Management, preferably in medium-scale food processing enterprises in Nigeria.
- Credible experience in best practices of the storage of different food commodities including nutritious and fortified food;
- Reliable understanding of Food quality and safety.
- Efficient in both oral and written English.
- Credible experience in using corporate systems to oversee ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Reliable experience in measuring the performance of service providers’ against set KPIs.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited and engaging in such will lead to automatic disqualification of the affected applicant.
- Successful candidate will be given employment on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
How to Apply for Logistics Assistant (Food Quality & Safety) at United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
November 5, 2019.
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here