Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships is provided for MSc Students At University Of Birmingham in UK. Application for this scholarship is currently on. This post provides details on how to apply.
The University of Birmingham’s International Development Department is delighted to extend one scholarship for their MSc in International Development (Governance and State-building), which covers the academic year commencing in September 2019.
The grant is offered by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and is for a two-year course, with the successful applicant undertaking the full MSc course, with a one-year internship being vital to the course. The internship will comprise of six months with IDD and six months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London.
These questions are making the rounds concerning Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships:
- How can I apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships?
- When is the deadline for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships?
- When will Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships start?
- What are the benefits of Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships?
- What are the requirements for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships?
Read the post below to find the answers we have provided to these questions.
This award program comprises of
- Complete tuition fee
- Air ticket to and from the United Kingdom and travel permit
- Monthly Allowance of £950 for 18 months
- Arrival allowance of £950
Course Level: Masters
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of Birmingham, UK
Not qualified for this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The admission prerequisites consist of:
- A first class Honors degree or equal from an accredited institution.
- Decent written and oral English. For those whose primary language is not English, proof of this capability is required. Candidates should attain at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please look at the University website for more communication on English language requirements.
- Candidates must be African citizens domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African nation. Predilection will be given to scholarship applicants residing in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Method of Application for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship
Applications must be submitted via the University online application system, by 19 May 2019. Furthermore to the usual credentials to be submitted, candidates must also upload a 500-word statement and résumé. This statement must specify why the candidate is the best applicant for the grant.
Candidates should then forward an email to Mrs. Debra Beard ([email protected]) notifying her of their desire to be taken into account for the Mo Ibrahim Scholarship and their ID number. Please add in the ‘Mo Ibrahim Scholarship’ in the subject line of the email.
Go to The Official Website For More Information
Scholarship Application Deadline: 19th May 2019