Natural Resources Management Officer at CARE International – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Natural Resources Management Officer in the ongoing CARE International job recruitment.
Natural Resources Management Officer at CARE International – About Position
CARE International is an international leader within a global movement committed to saving lives and putting an end to poverty. They function in more than 94 nations all over the world to provide more than 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Natural Resources Management Officer
Location: Yunusari, Yusufari and Nguru, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager.
Slot: 3 Positions
- Support the Assistant Project Manager in the preparation and timely submission of annual, quarterly and monthly project work-plans.
- Assist the APM in monitoring the technical quality of project narrative reports
- Coordinate monitoring / follow up of NRM activities with project staff, partners and government officers.
- Prepare project quarterly work plans and reports on NRM activities.
- Identify the strategic locations for specific interventions (e.g. areas for afforestation, reforestation and agroforestry, terraced farming and rainwater harvesting practices and establishment of vegetative barriers and other soil and water conservation methods) for soil stabilization and control of desertification.
- Develop a detailed work plan on natural resource management activities as it relates to
- Oversee the establishment of self-sustaining tree nurseries seedlings for community environment conservation activities.
- Provide technical expertise and strategic guidance to all NRM components of the project assuming quality control of interventions, and support the Project Manager in the coordination of the implementation of planned activities.
- Develop training materials for producers and other stakeholders and arrange for necessary training.
- Identify the capacity development needs of communities in soil and water conservation and other NRM practices.
- Facilitate technical assistance/support for project partners in all relevant areas as appropriate.
- Coordinate the overall implementation of NRM activities in accordance with the project documents and ensure technical quality control.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Studies, Agriculture, Forestry or a closely related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Proficient computer and internet skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience with the use of databases is an important asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the implementation of natural resource management, environmental management, and livelihood improvement or climate change adaptation projects;
- Technical experience working in the climate change and climate adaptation field;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational, facilitation and participatory planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with climate information systems and adaptation planning processes is an important asset.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- CARE International Job Recruitment
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Openings
- Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) Job Recruitment
- Interswitch Group Job Recruitment
- MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Job Recruitment
- HealthPlus Limited Job Recruitment
- Dangote Group Job Recruitment
- Kimberly Ryan Job Recruitment
- Sahara Group Job Recruitment
- Sales Force Consulting Job Recruitment
- Guinness Nigeria Job Openings
- Aldelia Group Job Recruitment
- Anheuser-Busch InBev Job Recruitment
- Rural Homes Job Recruitment
- Vincintoire Limited Job Recruitment
- Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Job Recruitment
- OPEC Job Recruitment
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Job Vacancies
How to apply for Natural Resources Management Officer at CARE International
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their Applications and comprehensive CV as a single document stating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the job location in capital letters (THE JOB TITLE AND LOCATION) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24th February 2020
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.