Nutrition Specialist at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Nutrition Specialist in the ongoing Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) job recruitment.
Nutrition Specialist at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) – About Position
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a foremost management consulting company concentrated on the agricultural and nutrition industries in Africa. They collaborate with government agencies, private sector firms, and foremost international development establishments to carry out research, analyze policies, create strategies and execute programs that encourage sustainable food security and improved nutrition. They have worked on a lot of projects across West Africa, including in Burkina Faso, Benin, Mali, Ghana, Senegal, and Nigeria.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Nutrition Specialist
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief of Party (CoP)
Travel: Limited travel across project States in Nigeria
Sub-Grantee Management – Nutrition Study:
- Oversee the development of harmonized methodologies, approaches and instruments for conducting the Nutrition Study.
- In coordination with the National Team Lead, oversee the organization of two stakeholder meetings to share the results of the nutrition study and obtain buy-in for proposed nutrition interventions
- Oversee the development of regular progress reports on the nutrition studies for the PMO and project funder use.
- Oversee the development of interim and final project reports from the nutrition studies for onward submission to stakeholders in the public, private and development sectors.
- Assist the National Team Lead in the selection, contracting and remuneration of sub-grantees working on the nutrition study in accordance with donor guidelines.
- Oversee the development of regular progress reports on the gender studies for the PMO and project funder use.
- Assist the Chief of Party in the selection, contracting and remuneration of sub-grantees working on the nutrition study in accordance with donor guidelines.
- Assist the Chief of Party in supporting the implementation of other project activities, including the women empowerment component of the program
Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Assist the National Team Lead and Project Coordinators to develop project strategies, project plans technical capacity building interventions, activities, and policies related to implementing the gender and nutrition components of the NDDP.
- Participate in regular field visits to project sites (up to 50% of the time) to ensure high-quality project performance and monitor and track progress against project timelines
- Support the National Team Lead, M&E team and other sub-grantees on the collection and reporting of program results especially with regards to the baseline studies and any nutrition-related interventions.
- Support the National Team Lead in monitoring progress and evaluation of project activities including financial performances.
- Assist the National Team Lead in preparation of progress reports (quarterly, annual, final) and respond to the queries related to the nutrition components of the project.
- Coordinate with federal, state and local governments, communities, project beneficiaries, private sector service providers and suppliers, consultants, and other stakeholders at project level for effective delivery of project activities.
- Assist the National Team Lead to maintain good relations with project beneficiaries, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the preparation of the results of the nutrition studies in compelling formats for eventual publication on selected platforms.
- Participate in public forums to share and communicate the results of the study to public, private and development sector stakeholders around the dynamics influencing the success of dairy development, nutrition interventions targeted at West Africa.
- Work with the National Team Lead to develop proposed nutrition interventions and a framework for the implementation of that intervention relationship Management
- Represent the Project on technical working groups focused on nutrition issues including initiatives such as the Scaling-Up Nutrition (SUN) working group.
- Build relationships and partnerships with a wide range of Government officials including ministerial directors at the national level, state and local levels, and representatives from multiple ministries at the management, technical and administrative levels.
- Build relationships and partnerships with potential implementing partners as necessary, including meetings at a senior level with key NGO implementing personnel to discuss issues related to the effective implementation and support for potential interventions
- Master’s degree in Nutrition Studies, Development Studies or any related field, or a relative discipline with at least two years of work experience in a similar capacity in Nigeria or West Africa, or·
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or a Social Science course with at least five years of work experience in women’s nutrition issues, with skills and abilities working with women in Nigeria or West Africa.
- Knowledge of international and local stakeholders in Nigeria in the agriculture, health, food aid and nutrition sectors.
- Ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure and to demonstrate extreme flexibility in managing more than one activity.
- High evaluation, data collection, analytical and report writing skills
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with senior management of technical partners and senior government officials
- Understanding of the social and cultural contexts that underpin Fulani and smallholder farming communities in Nigeria.·
- Proficiency in the English language (required) and Yoruba, Hausa and Fulfulde (preferred).
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) Job Recruitment
- International Housing and Construction Job Recruitment
- Proxynet Communications Job Vacancies
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Job Recruitment
- Microsoft Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Sigma Consulting Group Job Vacancies
- International Rescue Committee (IRC) Job Recruitment
- Food Concepts Job Recruitment
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Job Recruitment
- Save the Children Nigeria Job Recruitment
- AXA Mansard Job Recruitment
- Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Alan & Grant Job Vacancies
- Deputy High Commission of Canada Job Recruitment
- Siemens Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Job Recruitment
- Swift Networks Job Recruitment
- KPMG Nigeria Vacancies
- Deloitte Nigeria Vacancies
How to apply for Nutrition Specialist at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- Open Till Filled
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.