Ithaca College in the United States welcomes applications for the Park Scholar Award for undergraduate programs in media and communication technologies in 2021.
Ithaca College started as a music conservatory in 1892; assisting young musicians develop their skills into professional-calibre skills. In the decades since, IC has developed into a residential liberal arts college comprised of five schools and more than 100 degree programs. Their students acquire knowledge and confidence via a progressive cycle of learning, trying, and doing—with right to use to professional labs, equipment, studios, and research opportunities.
As a medium-size, nationally-ranked college, IC provides candidates opportunities for tailored attention in all academic program and engagement in a broad range of campus undertakings. Candidates become a part of a welcoming community of 6,200 undergraduate and 470 graduate scholars that provides over 200 student clubs and organizations.
The Park Scholar Award is a vibrant learning community that builds future communications leaders who engage analytically, act internationally, and perform ethically. Every year, Ithaca College offers Park Scholar Award program to candidates who are fervent about the field of communications, community service and who flourish on academic and personal challenge.
A $30 million gift — the biggest to a single donation fund Ithaca College has ever gotten — will ease access to the college’s Park Scholar Program, assisting to make sure that high-achieving candidates from all over the country will continue committing themselves to making IC’s campus, the Ithaca community, and the world, a better place.
The Park Scholar Award provides much more than a full scholarship award; it establishes a unique learning community that builds future communications leaders who engage critically, act internationally, and function ethically. Via a blend of academic and service programming, candidates are inspired to take action and give back to their communities and to make use of the power of mass communication to have a positive impact on the world.
On account of the generosity of the Park Foundation, Ithaca College’s School of Communications has welcomed exceptional high school seniors as Park Scholars since 1997. Endowments from the Park Foundation also offer funding for the Park Center for Independent Media, a notable visitor series, and capital equipment for the Park School.
Worth of Park Scholar Award
The Park Scholar Award program is a full-tuition scholarship award that comprises living costs, and books and technology allowance. A limited number of these merit-based scholarships are granted to exceptional high school seniors every year.
Upon getting into the program, Park Scholars are required to
- stay registered as a full-time candidate with a 3.500 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in one of the undergraduate degree programs at the Roy H. Park School of Communications;
- keep strong involvement in substantial and meaningful community service;
- take part in Park Scholar academic programming and enhancement activities;
- be a ideal citizen and maintain good legal standing.
Furthermore, first-year Scholars are required to live with and take part in the H.O.M.E. program, a residential learning community that looks into multicultural matters.
Eligibility for Park Scholar Award
- To be given consideration for the four year Park Scholar award, you have to be a United States national or eligible non-citizen, and put in to Ithaca College for an undergraduate major in the Roy H. Park School of Communications.
- Transfer candidates are not qualified for the award.
How to Apply for Park Scholar Award
Please go through and complete all of the steps below to be given consideration for a Park Scholar award program.
- Apply to Ithaca College
Fill out the Park Scholar Award program application by January 15, 2021, with:
- Personal History
- Two Essays
- (Please be aware that you will not be able to gain access to the application until you have handed in your application for admission to Ithaca College.)
- Questions? Please email: [email protected]
Hand in applications not later than January 15, 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here