Procurement Manager at Egbin Power – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Procurement Manager in the ongoing Egbin Power job recruitment.
Procurement Manager at Egbin Power – About Position
Egbin Power Plc. a subordinate of the Sahara Power Group based along the Lagos Lagoon is one of the largest additions to the electricity sector in Nigeria. Currently, the biggest privately owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was constructed to satisfy the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its regions with plans in place to grow its generation capacity to go beyond 5,000MW within the next five years.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- To be responsible for the overall effectiveness of Procurement activities for the entire organization by promoting best practice procurement activity.
- To be responsible for the overall effectiveness of Procurement specifications coordination and control, ensuring close liaison between Procurement and technical advisors from other areas of the business.
- Responsible to ensure that all procurement activity complies with company regulations and the Standard Procurement Regulations.
- To seek innovative ideas on continuous improvement and achieve quality and economy.
- To identify, agree and deliver annual, measurable cost reduction schemes from procurement activity to assist Egbin Power Plc. in meeting its overall objectives and targets through the Balance Scorecard.
- Demonstrate the results of cost savings schemes in an independently auditable form.
- Liaise with, and benchmark procurement results and techniques of Egbin Power Plc. with other organizations.
- Management of the Procurement team budgets and forecasts.
- BSc in Engineering, Finance or related course
- Postgraduate qualification/or relevant qualification is a MUST
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of five (5) in a managerial role
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- Proven experience of procurement in large organizations
- Proven experience of managing a procurement department
- Experience in a variety of sourcing arrangements
- Experience with working with Power Plant or/and managing Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) will be an added advantage
- Appreciation of strategies and key concepts in procurement and inventory management
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws and regulations
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues, and solutions
- Knowledge of contract laws, material accounting systems and insurance and risk management
- Knowledge of Integrated Materials Management System
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and guidelines for procurement
- Knowledge of stores management and inventory management
- Knowledge of regulatory laws import, duties, policies
- Knowledge of national and international sourcing markets
- Knowledge of the application of IT systems in materials management
- Leadership/supervisory and people management skills
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
- A proven negotiator with excellent oral/written communication
- Knowledge of preparing tenders & relevant procurement regulations
- Knowledge of IT & web-based applications
- Mature personality, capable of making and sustaining good working relationships.
- Commitment to further training/continuous learning and development.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- Egbin Power Job Vacancies
- Carlcare Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Citibank Nigeria Job Openings
- Airtel Nigeria Vacancies
- Google Nigeria Job Recruitment
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Job Recruitment
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Openings
- Alan & Grant Job Recruitment
- MasterCard Nigeria Job Recruitment
- IHS Towers Job Recruitment
- Caverton Helicopters Job Recruitment
- Whyte Cleon Job Recruitment
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Job Openings
- Carlcare Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Paykobo Job Recruitment
- World Health Organization (WHO) Job Recruitment
- Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Job Recruitment
- FHI 360 Job Recruitment
- APM Terminals Job Recruitment
- May & Baker Nigeria Job Recruitment
How to apply for Procurement Manager at Egbin Power
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- Not Specified
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.