Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancies, Vacancies at Norwegian Refugee Council. The organization is recruiting and there are available job openings at Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancies.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has around 5000 devoted and competent staff partaking in projects across four continents. Also, NRC manages one of the world’s biggest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be mobilized on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis takes place. They are hiring to fill the following positions described below.
Job Title: Program Assistant (INGO Forum)
Webcruiter ID: 4152821851
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Commencement: November 2019
Duration: 11 months (One-year renewal)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure the strategic communication of the PLRCP project, including through marketing brochures, project briefs, and updates, stakeholder information sharing. Maintain briefing and information packs as well as other relevant documents for key stakeholders concerning the partnerships and localization project
- Develop and manage a virtual resource center on the localization section of the NIF website including resources page, progress updates and relevant document uploads, blog posts, and other relevant communication materials. Manage site hits and feedback and ensure user-friendliness and satisfaction.
- Assist in drafting and design of project updates, policy briefs, and other similar materials. Work with the PLRCP Management team to produce blogs or op-eds for external publications, draft and layout mailings (newsletters, updates) and co-ordinate their review and approval.
- Creation of multi-media materials for use in the project including photos, short videos, and effective powerpoint presentations.
- Leads on delivery of digital engagement for the PLRCP with regular updates on the project conducts social media updates and monitoring and develops content for social media platforms including supporting the PLRCP management team on social outreach.
- Stay informed on political, humanitarian and security contexts, while providing structured updates to the INGO Forum as it relates to localization globally regionally and nationally.
- Facilitate effective information flow between field-level realities in NE Nigeria and capital-level coordination in Abuja.
- Engage partners to efficiently compile and update relevant information including a summary of the twinning program, update on modules and resources, engagements with key stakeholders, response to external requests, blog posts related to project and progress updates on project delivery.
- Participate in project meetings and activities to ensure effective communication materials and the participation and presence of communications throughout all projects and provide feedback to the communications team. Undertake regular visits to the field and consistent liaising with key stakeholders to share relevant information and stay informed.
- Identify opportunities for communications capacity building for NNGOs, as well as opportunities for INGOs to learn from NNGO practices.
- Help organize and facilitate workshops and other capacity development, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with donor and host agency (in this case, NRC) regulations
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/S or equivalent in Business, Accounting, Finance & Administration, Management, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with financial, administrative and procurement systems.
- Administrative experience in similar projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing super busy program office setting and responding to multi-actor demands in a fast and efficient manner
- Experience working with country-level ministries and government officials.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council must be able to comply with our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, inclusive, innovative, and accountable.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in humanitarian settings.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian Media
We Can Offer
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions of grade level 4 step 1
- Duty station: Abuja, with frequent travels.
Application Closing Date
15th November 2019.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply for Here:
- Imo State Government Job Vacancies
- Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Job Vacancies
- WTS Energy Job Vacancies
- RTI International Job Vacancies
- Breakthrough Action-Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Vacancies
- Oracle Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Tempkers Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifespring Technology Job Vacancies
- Women for Women International Job Vacancies
- Cascade Synergy Limited Job Vacancies
- Amber Residence Job Vacancies
- Oyo State Hospitals Management Board Vacancies
- Aquarian Consult Limited Job Vacancies
- Promasidor Nigeria Vacancies
- Lumos Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Leadway Assurance Company Limited Job Vacancies
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Job Vacancies
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Vacancies
- Lidya Global Job Vacancies
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Vacancies
- Exzie Business Solutions Job Vacancies
- British High Commission Job Vacancies
- Atlantic Hall School Job Vacancies
- Imo International Health Systems Job Vacancies
- WINCO Foam Industries Limited Vacancies
- GM George – Taylor & Co Vacancies
- Nioda Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifemate Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- HOR Logistics Job Vacancies
- BSS Consulting Limited Job Vacancies
- Chams PLC Job Vacancies
- Spanish Villa Hotel Job Vacancies
- Finchglow Travels Job Vacancies
- OTP Internet Technology Job Vacancies
- Pacific School Comprehensive College Job Vacancies
- PG Consulting Limited Vacancies
- Alfred & Victoria Associates Vacancies
- First Bank of Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Medecins Sans Frontieres Job Vacancies
- Delta State University Job Vacancies
- AT&A Group Limited Job Vacancies
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application process and CV registration: Please be aware that you are expected to put in the geographical location for all your past positions while submitting your CV. There is no special field for this detail in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” section for both company and geographical location.
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here