The United Nations World Food Programme is the topmost and world’s leading humanitarian agency vehemently fighting hunger worldwide. Its primary objective is to assist the world to attain Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Daily, WFP works hard worldwide to make sure that no child goes to bed without food and that the poorest and most vulnerable, persons can access the nutritious food they need.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Vacancies
- Exzie Business Solution Internship & Experience Job Vacancies
- British High Commission (BHC) Job Vacancies
- Atlantic Hall School Teaching & Non-teaching Job Vacancies
- Imo International Health Systems Job Vacancies
- Nioda Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifemate Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- HOR Logistics Job Vacancies
- BSS Consulting Limited Job Vacancies
- Chams PLC Job Vacancies
- Spanish Villa Hotel Job Vacancies
- Finchglow Travels Graduate Trainee & Experience Job Vacancies
- OTP Internet Technology (9 Credit) Job Vacancies
- Pacific School Comprehensive College Job Vacancies
- Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Delta State University Job Vacancies
- Access Solutions Limited Job Vacancies
- AT&T Group Limited Job Vacancies
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Vacancies
- Dragnet Solutions Limited Vacancies
Job Position: Programme Assistant (Nutrition)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Support the WFP Maiduguri Area Office Nutrition Unit for implementation of the nutrition programmes, which includes supporting implementation and monitoring of all nutrition activities within the Area Office.
- Render support to specific and defined WFP Maiduguri Area Office nutrition projects and activities, and making sure of a coordinated approach with wider programmes that comply with WFP standards and procedures.
- Track and analyze nutrition data to provide input into WFP Maiduguri Area Office reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities, including use of WFP corporate reporting tools, to enable informed operational decision making and consistency of (internal and external) information.
- Work and exchange information with internal WFP Nigeria counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing nutrition activities.
- Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
- University degree in any of the relevant fields of Nutrition, Public Health, Food Technology, etc.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and reliable knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri and any other local languages is an advantage.
- Provide support to WFP Maiduguri Area Office nutrition procurement, nutrition commodity tracking, and nutrition partnership contract processes.
- Abide by standard emergency practices to make sure WFP is able to promptly respond and deploy required resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- At least two to three years of relevant technical experience in health, nutrition and/or food security programming.
- Experience in health, nutrition and/or food security information and data management and analysis.
- Experience with implementation of national/international development or emergency programmes.
- Demonstrated well-prepared analytical work, well-managed programmes, and proven teamwork abilities, including communication and advocacy skills.
- Concise and informative writing skills, good communication skills, ability to plan and organize work under tight deadlines, and ability to work independently and efficiently.
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications to be made online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for Programme Assistant (Nutrition) at United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
November 5, 2019
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here