World Health Organisation (WHO) has the authority to coordinate and direct health structure within the United Nations system. The responsibility to give leadership on global health matters, molding the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, rendering technical support to countries and supervising and monitoring health trends lies with WHO.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Job Vacancies
- Aquarian Consult Limited Job Vacancies
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Vacancies
- Exzie Business Solution Internship & Experience Job Vacancies
- British High Commission (BHC) Job Vacancies
- Atlantic Hall School Teaching & Non-teaching Job Vacancies
- Imo International Health Systems Job Vacancies
- Nioda Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifemate Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- HOR Logistics Job Vacancies
- BSS Consulting Limited Job Vacancies
- Chams PLC Job Vacancies
- Spanish Villa Hotel Job Vacancies
- Finchglow Travels Graduate Trainee & Experience Job Vacancies
- OTP Internet Technology (9 Credit) Job Vacancies
- Pacific School Comprehensive College Job Vacancies
- Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Delta State University Job Vacancies
- Access Solutions Limited Job Vacancies
- AT&T Group Limited Job Vacancies
Job Position: Public Health Officer
Ref Id: 1904408
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- Assess threats to human life and health, damage to health infrastructure for primary and secondary care, the state of health referral and support systems.
- Collaborate with national authorities and health partners to coordinate and implement public health response activities as part of the health cluster’s strategic response.
- Provide analysis of the public health risks, needs and capacities and advise on priority interventions for WHO and partners; challenges and operational course correctors, as applicable.
- Monitor progress towards achievement of universal health coverage.
- Analyze social determinants of health and their impact on the incident management system, including identifying inequities, gaps in the delivery of health services or emergency interventions.
- Facilitate the implementation of effective, evidence-based policies, public health programmes and interventions through all life cycles.
- Secure information from a broad range of health sectors, analyzing such and consolidating health data in trends and trends assessment, with particular attention to surveillance, monitoring and early warning.
- Coordinate meetings with all relevant partners and incident management team, producing and circulating minutes, related decisions and tracking the latter.
- Provide input to communications and information products (Sitreps, health cluster bulletins, outbreak bulletins etc.) as required.
- Ensure compliance with IASC principles and the Humanitarian Programme Cycle in delivering WHO’s health response.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
- University degree (Master’s level or above) in Public Health and/or Health-related fields from an accredited/recognized institute
- Doctorate degree in public health.
- Postgraduate studies or specialized training in emergency response or disaster management in public health.
- Diploma in tropical medicine or diploma in disaster management.
- At least five years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in public health in emergencies response or health sector coordination.
- Experience in capacity building, developing and promoting collaborative partnerships.
- In-depth knowledge of public health programmes with focus on health system, and the Millennium Development Goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of operational management of health aspects/consequences of humanitarian crises and outbreaks in field settings.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Producing results.
Starting amount of NGN 20,769,322
How to Apply for Public Health Officer at World Health Organisation (WHO)
Suitably qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
November 5, 2019.
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here