The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) program was created to improve global talent exchange between Canada and other nations.
The program intends to cultivate the next generation of innovative leaders and community builders by offering enhanced academic, professional and cross-cultural experiences and by enabling lasting local and international community engagement.
Application Deadline: 26th October 2020
Eligible Countries: West African countries & Canada
Type: Research, Doctoral, Postdoc
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Applicants may seek up to $300,000 CAD in funding
Eligibility for Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES)
- Canadian universities that have recognized provincial degree-granting powers, or their affiliates, may submit a proposal to QES-AS West Africa. Universities may team up with one or more other Canadian university(ies) for a joint proposal however, each university may only be the lead candidate in one submission to the program.
- Projects will back specialized training and/or research undertakings for doctoral researchers, post-doctoral researchers, and early career researchers from Canada and West Africa, and each award is required to include a non-academic research placement with industry/civil society.
- Each scholar must be undertaking research in one or more of the following areas of focus:
- Climate resilience and sustainable food systems
- Education and innovation systems
- Ethics in development research
- Health equity
- Inclusive governance
- Sustainable inclusive growth
QES-AS West Africa will prioritize the following:
- Women researchers – overall, 60% of the researchers should be women.
- Francophone researchers – applications focusing on Francophone countries will be prioritized.
- Institutional strengthening – proposals which make a convincing case that scholar exchanges, beyond advancing individual scholars` own careers, will deliberately be used by Canadian and West African universities to strengthen their own institutional capacity (research areas, curriculums, partnerships, etc.) will be prioritized.
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES)
Please consult the following documents:
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
- 26th October 2020
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here