Are you trying to make a decision on what degree to study? This article offers you reasons to study a marketing degree.
What are the first words that come to your mind when you think of Marketing? Products, promotion, and services maybe? If yes, that’s the correct answer. If those things didn’t come to mind, that’s also fine, because Marketing encompasses so much more. It is essentially one of the important areas of any business that enables it to attain its goals and make money.
But why should you study a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing? Is it still worth it in 2021? Let’s find out!
1. Develop important business acumens during a Marketing degree
If you have ever pondered what it is like not to be just a buyer at the store or the spectator of the advertisements about snacks on TV, but also to comprehend how various brands are advertised, you will absolutely like Marketing studies.
You will get to understand why customers think and behave in a particular way when they decide what to buy. You will also study:
- how to understand customers’ needs
- how to persuade them to take a certain action
- how your business can benefit from customer actions
Or generally speaking, a marketing degree will give you the chance to learn a bit about everything- psychology, sociology, and even politics and how they affect consumers. Doesn’t that sound fun?
2. Marketing skills are essential for entrepreneurs
Are you brimming with innovative ideas and desire to have your own business? Then you should base your business resolutions on Marketing knowledge. You will:
- Do market research: learn about the target customers, their needs, behaviour, and preferences
- Understand global marketing trends: as they are top priorities of business owners in 2021, you will learn how these trends affect society and its everyday choices
- Learn how to promote your business by making use of creative methods and motivate people to purchase your products and services
- Plan marketing campaigns, meet with clients and develop interesting strategies to stand out among your competitors
3. Marketing degree improves your communication skills
As negotiation and presentation are a vital part of Marketing, marketers need to master their way of communication, making it relevant, worthwhile, and compelling, so that they can create a strong connection with their audience. How good the story of your business is will determine the likelihood of customers to notice, remember, and agree with you.
Not to mention that once you become good at Marketing communication, you can use your new skills even in day-to-day life. For instance, when attempting to persuade your friends to take a particular action, you will make use of your critical thinking and strong arguments and attain your goal in no time!
4. Various Marketing specialisations to choose from
As Marketing itself is a very extensive academic field, scholars also get familiar with more specific parts of it, like:
- Social Media Marketing – using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat to reach potential customers
- Email Marketing – developing relationships with clients through sending emails and making your brand more visible
- Offline Marketing – focusing on traditional media, such as billboard ads, television, radio and print media
- Influencer Marketing – using famous individuals, who are experts in a certain area and have a huge following, to boost recommendations about your brand
There are a lot of other forms of Marketing, but we don’t want to give you spoilers. If you are interested in a Marketing degree, you will know them all!
5. You can study at the best Marketing universities in the world
There are a lot of higher academic institutions that specialise in Marketing in both the United States and Europe. The top 10 educational institutions, specialising in Marketing in 2021 are:
- HEC Paris School of Management (France)
- Imperial College Business School (the UK)
- Columbia Business School (the US)
- The University of Manchester (the UK)
- Emlyon Business School (France)
- ESCP Business School (the UK and France)
- Esade Ramon Llull University (Spain)
- Warwick Business School (the UK)
- EDHEC Business School (France)
- WU – Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria)
Examine the complete Marketing degree rating on the official TopUniversities website.
6. Marketing jobs are popular, diverse, and well-paid
There is a growing demand for marketers in 2021, and almost all sectors need marketing roles. Listed below are some of the most common job roles with their average yearly income (based on data from PayScale and Glassdoor):
- Digital Marketing Manager – 74,000 USD/year
- Social Media Manager – 44,000 USD/year
- SEO Manager – 80,000 USD/year
- Content Marketing Manager – 67,000 USD/year
- Product Marketing Manager – 114,000 USD/year
- Brand Marketing Manager – 87,000 USD/year
What’s more, as Marketing is a continually developing industry, there is a growth in the annual salaries for Marketing professionals and annual bonuses. It doesn’t sound bad at all, does it?
7. Start working immediately you obtain your Marketing Bachelor’s degree
Most marketing positions require only a Bachelor’s degree to start working, which means that if you are tired of studying, you can start your career immediately after you graduate and gain some experience at a professional level.
Certainly, some advanced or managerial roles might require a Master’s degree qualification as well, but you can choose if you want to do that in the future.
Now that you know all of that, what are you waiting for? Go abroad and grab your Marketing diploma!
Find more articles like Reasons to Study a Marketing Degree on Student Resources here