The University of Heidelberg in Germany is taking applications for the Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship award program in the 2021/2022 school year.
The Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship award is granted to very good up-and-coming scholars from Africa (mainly from Ghana or another nation in West and Central Africa) who intend to put in for a Master’s program at Heidelberg University in Sociology, Political Science or Geography (with a concentration on Geoinformatics or Human Geography) and who require assistance with funding their studies.
With a long practice of shaping the future, Heidelberg University considers itself a globally oriented research and teaching institution that provides a rich variety of subjects and disciplines. It recognises its charge to humanity, society, and nature and is devoted to widening and utilizing its knowledge and skills, in a spirit of liberalism and tolerance toward individuals and ideas, for the advantage of future generations.
Worth of Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship
- The worth of the Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship award for scholars is 900 € per month.
- The award period is usually two semesters. An extension is probable on request and if all criteria are met (financial hardship, academic performance, availability of funds) for a maximum length of 2 semesters.
Eligibility for Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship at University of Heidelberg
- You are from Africa (mainly from Ghana or another nation in West and Central Africa) and intend to apply for a Master’s program at Heidelberg University in one of these degree programs:
- Political Science
- Geography with a focus on Geoinfomatics or Human Geographyor
- You are from Africa (mainly from Ghana or another nation in West and Central Africa) and intend a doctorate at Heidelberg University in one of the following areas:
- Geography with a concentration on Geoinformatics
- Political Science
- You are among the best in your field
- You require assistance with funding your studies or doctorate
- You are planning to relocate to Germany to school at Heidelberg University, on-site
How to Apply for Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship
Please hand in the following application credentials during the application period:
- Signed application form
- Present performance records: First university diploma (original certificate) comprising the final grade and also an official translation in German or English and if obtainable, an official adaptation of the diploma to the German grading system.
If your first university diploma is not obtainable by the end of the application period, it is satisfactory to submit an interim certificate from the university verifying your academic performances, so far (preferably with a grade of all examinations, so far), that states that you anticipate to complete your program of study by the commencement of the semester after the application period. Please be aware that you have to submit your missing certificate by the commencement of the lecture period.
- Evidence of application for a university place
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Motivation letter: if you are putting in for a Master’s degree program in Geography, there needs to be a reference to Geoinformatics or Human Geography
- Letter of recommendation from a university advisor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of income and expenses (part of the application form)
- Proof verifying the financial situation (statement of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
Please mail your application credentials in one single email to [email protected].
You prefer sending your credentials by mail? Then please mail them to Heidelberg University | Division for Foundations and Assets | Department 8.2: Donor Relations and Guesthouses | Seminarstr. 2 | 69117 Heidelberg. Please be aware that the receipt stamp date applies.
Please note: Applications that have not been gotten within the application period will regrettably not be given consideration for selection.
The application closing date is July 15, 2021
Not interested in Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship at University of Heidelberg? See other Germany scholarships here